• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we finally have one of the better O-lines in the NFL?

The O line is going to best we have had here including the Roided line in 2003. Hurney has built the line step by step with a mixture of mostly high draft picks and FA acqusitions. Now it is time to do the same thing with our defensive line. There is no reason we can't concentrate on that part of the equation for the next few years. If Johnson continues to develop and Brown lives up to his potential we will have 2 parts of the puzzle. With Kemo in the middle we really need another dominant DT to complete the picture. Hopefully williams or Irvin fills the bill. Otherwise we will have to fill that next year regardless of what Peppers does long term.

The O line is going to best we have had here including the Roided line in 2003. Hurney has built the line step by step with a mixture of mostly high draft picks and FA acqusitions. Now it is time to do the same thing with our defensive line. There is no reason we can't concentrate on that part of the equation for the next few years. If Johnson continues to develop and Brown lives up to his potential we will have 2 parts of the puzzle. With Kemo in the middle we really need another dominant DT to complete the picture. Hopefully williams or Irvin fills the bill. Otherwise we will have to fill that next year regardless of what Peppers does long term.

I totally agree. I have been wanting an extra DT for a couple seasons now, and keep getting frustrated that we don't pick one up. However, if you really look at who's available, it is just hard to find a dominant DT. Scout's Inc had 2 FA DT's ranked above average starter this offseason: Haynesworth, and Jovan Haye. There just aren't alot of them out there. There is always next offseason, but it will have to be a top priority to get a DT that is pro bowl caliber.

from this standpoint (OL), camp will be very interesting. Every day I will read tatoorhino's in depth reports with only one eye open.

That will be a neat trick since TattooRhino no longer posts on here due to all the negativity displayed...

That will be a neat trick since TattooRhino no longer posts on here due to all the negativity displayed...

Lets hope he comes back cause I liked his camp reports. Funny he love the Tinderbox but left because of negativity. Thats a harsh place.

More reason for optimism...Travelle Wharton was on Pack's show yesterday and they asked him who on the current roster he thought would fill the role of Hangartner this year (i.e. stepping in if somebody gets hurt on the line). He said that Mackenzy Bernadeau and Geoff Schwartz both have that capability, and that they have improved a lot since their rookie season.

More reason for optimism...Travelle Wharton was on Pack's show yesterday and they asked him who on the current roster he thought would fill the role of Hangartner this year (i.e. stepping in if somebody gets hurt on the line). He said that Mackenzy Bernadeau and Geoff Schwartz both have that capability, and that they have improved a lot since their rookie season.
that's good to know.

i have faith in magazu. much of the quality of our line and depth can be attributed to him

too bad..he had good reports.

maybe people should stop being so negative so certain individuals would feel more comfortable on a message board.

All message boards are negative. Its just kinda the way it is.

I definitely believe we have a top 5 O-line, you don't lead the league in rushing otherwise, or top 3. I even thought the pass protection was there most games, picking up blitzes, I think Khalil is going to be a great leader on that line, the center has to make the adjustments on the LOS and he is smart, and a natural leader. When you have 2 tackles like we do, can't beat that. Injuries are always a concern, and usually a drop off for most teams when a starter goes down, especially at the tackle position.

Archived