• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Situation

Panthers4lyfe

Me like most people probably weren't expecting David Gettis to be put on the PUP.. so he's done til week 8. also personally i'd LOVE to see Tutu get cut real quick, as well as armanti (i just haven't seen enough).. that leaves us with:

1. Smitty

2. Lafell

3. Murphy

4. Pilares

5. Adams

now thats a good group, but if smitty goes down it turns to a very young and inexperienced group. Therefore why not go after a guy such as Jabar Gaffney who was just cut today, who produced last year: 68 catches, 947 yards with rex grossman throwing to him. why not offer him the vet minimum and see how he produces as the #4 until gettis returns and if he plays good keep him if not we really don't lose anything. and if god forbid anything happens to smitty, lafell murphy and gaffney would still be solid. whatcha'll think?

I do think we should be in the market for an experienced vet though as the OP states. We're one Smitty injury away from a whole lot of nothing in the receiving corps...

Thank you at least someone understands my reasoning for this, and gaffney is a good team player..

and yes pup your out the first 6 weeks, but week 7 is our bye week. therefore gettis can't come back til week 8. C'mon man! (Cris Carter voice)

Me like most people probably weren't expecting David Gettis to be put on the PUP.. so he's done til week 8. also personally i'd LOVE to see Tutu get cut real quick, as well as armanti (i just haven't seen enough).. that leaves us with:

1. Smitty

2. Lafell

3. Murphy

4. Pilares

5. Adams

now thats a good group, but if smitty goes down it turns to a very young and inexperienced group. Therefore why not go after a guy such as Jabar Gaffney who was just cut today, who produced last year: 68 catches, 947 yards with rex grossman throwing to him. why not offer him the vet minimum and see how he produces as the #4 until gettis returns and if he plays good keep him if not we really don't lose anything. and if god forbid anything happens to smitty, lafell murphy and gaffney would still be solid. whatcha'll think?

I don't see how anyone could have expected anything out of Gettis at this point in the pre season. At this point I hope he can come back and contribute but the likelihood of that happening is very slim. I don't see him being able to step in mid season and be better than most of those other guys.

I would not mind adding Gaffney, a veteran who been productive.

With Smitty, we're talking Playoffs.

Without Smitty, we're talking top 10 pick in next year draft.

exactly my point.. at least gaffney would give us a veteran presence/somewhat of a safety net just incase something were to happen. and if he isn't performing week 7 rolls around cut your losses and you get gettis back. It's not like it would be a risky signing. hes a good vet, good guy in the locker room who has won and can help a young team. with that being said i am also no gm and this likely wont happen

Archived