• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hoover Mulls Possibility of Playing Outside Carolina

scpanther22

he is considered to be one of the best and FBs have a much longer life span in the league. he'd find work somewhere real quickly.

and yes, they drafted one because the FB is incredibly important to the panthers and if hoover went down we would have no one there and our run game would drop off.

skipper's words to fiammetta at minicamp is going to be the same for the rest of the season..."watch hoover, do what he does"

hoover isn't going anywhere but if he left carolina he would work somewhere. his services would be too valuable.

NFL Live actually did a segment during the season last year, on how Hoover was the guy that makes Carolina's running game work. I would be shocked if they cut him this year. He's one of the best lead blockers in the business right now.

and yes, they drafted one because the FB is incredibly important to the panthers and if hoover went down we would have no one there and our run game would drop off.

I completely agree with what you're saying Rayzor; if Hoover went down, we had nobody adequate to step in.

Now, this got me thinking... who did we have last season as backups for the FB? I know Goings was sometimes thought of/listed as a backup FB, and he's obviously gone. That only leaves us with Rosario. He was supposed to be a TE/FB option. Now, with Barnidge apparently stepping his game up in mini-camp (yes, I know it was only mini-camp, but I believe he's a better TE than Rosario anyway), King being the uncontested starter, and a true FB in Fiammetta being drafted... does this put Rosario one step closer to being out the door?

I completely agree with what you're saying Rayzor; if Hoover went down, we had nobody adequate to step in.

Now, this got me thinking... who did we have last season as backups for the FB? I know Goings was sometimes thought of/listed as a backup FB, and he's obviously gone. That only leaves us with Rosario. He was supposed to be a TE/FB option. Now, with Barnidge apparently stepping his game up in mini-camp (yes, I know it was only mini-camp, but I believe he's a better TE than Rosario anyway), King being the uncontested starter, and a true FB in Fiammetta being drafted... does this put Rosario one step closer to being out the door?

If King goes down and they have Barnidge listed above Rosario as you say, then I would think they still want a 3rd TE to pick up in that scenario. I doubt they'll get rid of him. Rosario is still learning the game, but his back may become an issue or at least sit him out for some time. So we shall see....

Archived