• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hoover Mulls Possibility of Playing Outside Carolina

scpanther22

not true, Hoov made a huge impact last season on our run game, without him in there it would not have been nearly as dominant, some team with just a serviceable full back would pick him up right away, he is IMO a top tier FB at this point he just gets the job done.

Especially since Williams and Stewart were quoted a couple times last year saying something to the effect of, "I just followed Hoov through the hole."

I find that hard to believe. Hoover was just as responsible for the turnaround in our running game as anyone. He's a very solid NFL starter at Fullback.
we're going to be seeing a lot more teams utilizing the FB as a blocking option this year, especially in teams that are wanting to consider themselves running teams.

ravens are moving leron mcclain to FB, bears are making michael gaines a FB (which he probably should have been all along), raiders picked up lorenzo neal...teams are realizing just how important they can be. hoover is considered one of the best at the job. i have no doubt he would be picked up somewhere really quickly.

we're going to be seeing a lot more teams utilizing the FB as a blocking option this year, especially in teams that are wanting to consider themselves running teams.

ravens are moving leron mcclain to FB, bears are making michael gaines a FB (which he probably should have been all along), raiders picked up lorenzo neal...teams are realizing just how important they can be. hoover is considered one of the best at the job. i have no doubt he would be picked up somewhere really quickly.

This.

Maybe next year, but not this year. he is safe as safe can be. If you watch Fiametta in minicamp, you'd know why one would say this
if you heard what was going on, it was very much hoover=teacher/ fiammetta=apprentice scenario and hoover ran rings around the fiammetta (man i hate typing his name out all the time).

Especially since Williams and Stewart were quoted a couple times last year saying something to the effect of, "I just followed Hoov through the hole."

:thumbsup::iagree::cheers2:

NO Doubt, A most underrated FB. They push 2500 between the 2 of them in 09. Hoover goes to the Pro Bowl. Should have been one in 08.

I don't think there was a game that they didn't mention HOOOVVVVEEERRR. I think more than anything we have had such a mediocre running backs that they were not following his lead. It shows when you got guys why know how to use a fullback. I love the fact they never forgot to talk about the Horses up front and the Tank leading the way.

HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

It seems everytime that the Panthers bring in someone to compete with Hoover it's the end of his run here in Carolina. This is the second or third FB we've drafted and Hoover has beaten them out each time. Mind you this was years ago when he was not nearly as good as he is now. I remember when Kyle Johnson was drafted, the FB purists (those that like, but also dismiss Hoover as a COVERTED FB) were all but sold that Hoover was done once TC concluded because we drafted a "REAL" FB.

Alas, here we are again and a REAL FB has been drafted, Hoover's days are number.

I agree with the folks who think Hoover will be here this year, but I'm going out on a limb and say he'll still be here two years from now.

Is it any wonder why you don't hear much about rookie FBs? They don't make it. It is a very mentally and physically tasking job that rookies can't handle--second year players either. Why do you all think Lorenzo Neal has lasted in the League this long? It's a position that not many can/want do and do well.

I think it is smart to draft veteran's replacements, but Hoover won't be going anywhere for a minimum of two season...I think three, when his contract expires.

hoov would have a hard time cracking the starting lineup anywhere else...... just sayin.....

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? and how do you figure this?

And it's funny how LT got "old" after Neal left...

Hoov will be here until he's done in Carolina or just can't go anymore. Which could be in 2-3 years.. Or more....

Again, just cause someone wants to look around doesn't mean poo until you see they have signed somewhere else... Until then, it's just a guy wanting to analyze everything which is healthy in life. If you never analyze where you are (especially for a football player who is getting older), then you're not trying to succeed at life.

Hoover is one of the best blockers in the NFL right now and is the best guy on our team to guarantee we make it a yard on 3rd and short. Fiammetti may replace him one day but he has alot to learn and will need to sit behind Hoover to figure it out. Tony will eventually replace Hoover but not right away. Plus with injuries more likely as you get older in the NFL, Tony is great insurance in case Hoover goes down.

I find that hard to believe. Hoover was just as responsible for the turnaround in our running game as anyone. He's a very solid NFL starter at Fullback.

not true, Hoov made a huge impact last season on our run game, without him in there it would not have been nearly as dominant, some team with just a serviceable full back would pick him up right away, he is IMO a top tier FB at this point he just gets the job done.

on our team and in our system guys.

there arent to many teams looking for 34 year old FB's, and defiantly not 36 year FB's if he plays a couple more years and gets hurt.

just the nature of the business- hoove is a fan favorite and a carolina boy, that gives him a lot of lead way with this team.

Archived