• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hoover Mulls Possibility of Playing Outside Carolina

scpanther22

If they cut him today he can't complain. He has played 10 yrs longer than anybody including himself expected. He has beaten some amazing odds to make an NFL roster, get playing time and stay with an NFL team, and to do it with a team 50 miles from his home is one for the record book.

Kind of hard not to like ole' Hoov. He's a helluva guy, and always down to Earth, kinda like Proehl was.

Great guy all the way around, and I appreciate what he has contributed to this team, and I support any future contributions from him as well. He's earned his keep.

:cheers2:

Hopefully we are just drafting guys to replace our vets down the road, that and competition at all spots is good for everyone.

:iagree:

Hoov is probably right that he has 2 maybe 3 years left, so getting his replacement now was a great decision. Like Murph said in the earlier post, Hoov's job is safe this year; I'd be very suprised if he's released after the season he had last year for a rookie. More likely the team will bring Fiametta along slowly, let him work some special teams this season and possibly compete for a starter's position next year.

hoov would have a hard time cracking the starting lineup anywhere else...... just sayin.....

I find that hard to believe. Hoover was just as responsible for the turnaround in our running game as anyone. He's a very solid NFL starter at Fullback.

:iagree:

Hoov is probably right that he has 2 maybe 3 years left, so getting his replacement now was a great decision. Like Murph said in the earlier post, Hoov's job is safe this year; I'd be very suprised if he's released after the season he had last year for a rookie. More likely the team will bring Fiametta along slowly, let him work some special teams this season and possibly compete for a starter's position next year.

i agree with this. i really dont think hoov has anything to worry about as far as losing his starting job to a rookie. IMO when they drafted tony there plans were to let him play behind hoov for a couple years and then step in and take over when hoov is gone. sounds like the perfect situation to me

hoov would have a hard time cracking the starting lineup anywhere else...... just sayin.....

not true, Hoov made a huge impact last season on our run game, without him in there it would not have been nearly as dominant, some team with just a serviceable full back would pick him up right away, he is IMO a top tier FB at this point he just gets the job done.

Archived