• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I didn't know they had pepsi bottles with a big panther on them

CardiacCats

chocolate milk, meaning protein shakes? one is primarily made of fat, the other is packed with protein, and people who work out excessively is one point to make while people eating fatty substances that are harmful to the body 4-5 times a day is another..

and yet, I must assume this is the problem with that McD's line I see packed full everywhere I go.. yet can't figure out why they are fat as fug.. lol

you'll also notice alcoholic drinks being consumed 5 nights a week aren't a mainstream diet for those who are trying to stay healthy...

Na dude. Look up on YouTube Carmelo Anthony chocolate milk commercial. They literally try to tell you chocolate milk is good for you after a workout. Protein shakes can be bad for you as well, the protein powder Muscle Milk is packed full of carbs. If you don't run a poo load you'll gain fat. I use Gold Standard weigh, cheap and no carbs.

Na dude. Look up on YouTube Carmelo Anthony chocolate milk commercial. They literally try to tell you chocolate milk is good for you after a workout. Protein shakes can be bad for you as well, the protein powder Muscle Milk is packed full of carbs. If you don't run a poo load you'll gain fat. I use Gold Standard weigh, cheap and no carbs.

I think we are on the same page... My reaction is the same and commercialization is further proof that people will buy anything telling themselves it's okay.

I run AT LEAST 4 miles a day so I'm just fine to have sodas every now and then to keep me awakw

Your teeth do not benefit from the running. Even when you brush them every day, soda will really do a number on them.

Soda cleans dirty as coins, what do you think it will do to your teeth and intestines?

I haven't drank soda in over 6 months now. It's hard not to too because Mexican Soda has actual sugar in it and takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than American soda.

There are better protein powders on the market than Muscle Milk.

I had to chime in on this chocolate milk thing... I've been drinking them as recovery drinks after workouts since the beginning of the year... Well, before the Carmelo commercial for the Olympics.

My Insanity support group recommended it as they said the additional amount of carbs in the chocolate milk make it ideal compared to regular milk. I can't break down all of the science right now, but IIRC, apparently your body needs more than protein (i.e. carbs) immediately after a workout to repair and recover. Not to mention, there is protein in milk naturally as well. I use TrueMoo and sometimes, if I haven't consumed enough protein throughout the day at that point, I'll add a scoop of my whey to it.

Archived