• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason questionable for Week 1

Panthers4lyfe

I'd rather have Beason miss week 1... Like he should have last year, and play the remaining 15 games then rush him back for week 1 and lose him for the rest of the season.

Beason is the Cam of our defense. Any injury he incurs, no matter how small or large should be taken with the utmost caution.

I just know how important he is for us to be successful, and we need him to be healthy on game day.

Just my .02, I know it's just a hammy... But damn did we not learn anything from last year. The coaches can NOT let him talk himself into being healthy. They need to be 100% sure that he IS healthy

Yea but you also don't want him sitting out too long, which happened last season

This meaningless game against the jets isn't the place I would risk Beason re-tweaking that hamstring.

Hamstrings need time to heal or they will bother the player the entire season. I would rather have a healthy Beason from weeks 3-17, then Beason with a hurt hammy from weeks 1-17.

This meaningless game against the jets isn't the place I would risk Beason re-tweaking that hamstring.

Hamstrings need time to heal or they will bother the player the entire season. I would rather have a healthy Beason from weeks 3-17, then Beason with a hurt hammy from weeks 1-17.

I guess the bigger issue is....he hurt his hammy overcompensating bc of his other injury right?

2012 simply could be a recovery year. Not saying he won't play but Beason simply might not be Beason this year aside from leadership

Arent you just a bundle of joy

I'm not sure there has been more than one offseason since 2002 where fans haven't been waiting on a key linebacker to get healthy.

The guys from back in the day were Dan Morgan(like five straight seasons), Mark Fields and Sam Mills. Now we have Thomas Davis and Beason worrying us every snap of the ball.

If Beason goes down again I'm calling it a bonafide linebacker curse.

I am all for taking as much time and more needed with Beason this year, especially with game 1 against the Bucs. I think the Panthers win that game without him. If it means Beason is without a doubt 100% by him not playing the rest of pre-season games and such, I am fine with that. I would rather have him for the rest of the season than the risk of pushing him to fast this time around.

Archived