• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NOT a big fan of the Army right now

TruCatzFan

For those of you who didnt already know, I'm in the army and stationed down in Florida....

Well all of this sunshine and basically my entire life is about to change possibly.

I just got orders for Alaska!!!! That's right, fuggin Alaska. Not usually one to air out my issues here... But damn... WTF!?

Hopefully I will be able to get out of them. I have some connections will well placed individuals, and of worst comes to worse, I'll likely come back to Bragg in NC.

I really love it down here and I hope it all works out. I've begun researching Alaska, and preparing my wife and 18 month old son for the possibility of us having to move. I'd rather be proactive and prepared than not do anything and have to be reactive.

This really really really sucks! My wife is distraught right now...she wants to stay here badly... I'm just gonna pray and hope that it all works out. If God wants me in Alaska for some odd reason, then that's where I'll end up. I'm going to try everything in my power to get this changed.

I guess I posted all of this for some added prayer and maybe someone has lived there. I'd hate to be the only Panthers fan in Alaska, but if I am I will represent to the fullest!

I'm from Miami man... I can't be fuggin with Alaska... The military like any job has a lot of advantages and disadvantages; unfortunately for me this is one of the disadvantages. I'm grateful for what I have been blessed with, especially when some people don't even have a job.

Just need some perspective and a pick me up I guess. Like for real. I know that I'll get the "pack a jacket" response... But this is really my life and immediate future so obviously it's important to me right now.

Thanks for reading

Archived