• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Teams Trash Isn't Our Treasure.

chknwing

this. this is the time of year when these threads are the most pertinent, IMO. not only are you looking at guys who are being let go from other teams because they have such depth, but you're looking at your own guys who might be second or third string but are completely lacking by comparison to other guys available.

take a team with depth at a certain position... like us at wide receiver. we are constantly mulling over the possibility of having to cut somebody really good, like pilares and even gettis' name has been thrown around (by idiots, i confess.) if we could ****** up a pilares-caliber player at any position we're lacking for depth we'd be doing really well for ourselves. this is one of the strengths of our scouting department, i believe... picking through guys with a fine tooth comb and finding out who can contribute to the team as role players.

bring on the what-if threads.

Exactly.

You get it....the OP does NOT.

Teams release solid players due to the depth that they have at certain positions. Are you likely to pick up a starter from cuts (doubtful). But, you can improve the depth on your team by replacing your back-ups with better back-ups.

I swear, the lack of football knowledge on this board is often embarassing.

Cut players have no place on this team.

Our team is young and growing.

Our coaching staff is good enough that we don't need a lot of "veteran know how" to get us by.

We have the talent in the players and on the coaching staff to excel for years to come.

Even mOre so with superior talent like keuckly and newton. If we continue to draft with superstar potential in mind vs position of need, we may be unstoppable.

Exactly.

You get it....the OP does NOT.

Teams release solid players due to the depth that they have at certain positions. Are you likely to pick up a starter from cuts (doubtful). But, you can improve the depth on your team by replacing your back-ups with better back-ups.

I swear, the lack of football knowledge on this board is often embarassing.

I think u guys missed the point, the depth players, wont be available yet, until teams start making their roster cuts. The only players being released right now are injured or have some other crap going on with them. Either way, those are not depth players. I'm all for finding diamonds in the rough that got left off the other teams 53 man roster, but a vet released 2 weeks earlier than needed, think I will pass.

I don't have a problem or issue with cut player threads. I only have slight issues with threads on players that we obviously don't need, want or would not be beneficial to our team, like Haynesworth, but then again...this is a forum. In a forum, you will see and read many different views and opinions; we should be adult enough to respond to the ones that are relevant to us instead of focusing so much energy complaining and or degrading the originator of threads and post that we dislike the content of.

I think u guys missed the point, the depth players, wont be available yet, until teams start making their roster cuts. The only players being released right now are injured or have some other crap going on with them. Either way, those are not depth players. I'm all for finding diamonds in the rough that got left off the other teams 53 man roster, but a vet released 2 weeks earlier than needed, think I will pass.

Yes. I misread your post. I thought you were referring to all of the cuts that would happen in the next 3 weeks....not those being cut now.

My bad.

The only thing I see us taking a look at is a final cut CB if Hogan can't get on the field. Outside shot of a backup DT.

We are actually starting to look pretty deep at quite a few positions.

I did not think Hogan played against Miami but was told he had a tackle on special team so maybe they are bringing him along slowly

i thought this was understood.

every once in a blue moon you'll find a player that a team releases early not because they are garbage, but because they like the guy but don't have room on the roster for them and they want them to get a shot with another team before the glut of cuts hit the market. those players/situations are rare, tho, and aside from possibly shipley (though even then i still doubt this is the case) i don't see any of the early cuts being like that.

Archived