• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kicker battle getting serious!

TruCatzFan

Mare was second in the league in touchbacks lasts season with 53. The only guy in front of him, ironically, is the New Orleans punter, Thomas Morstead, who does kickoff duties for the Saints**. Why? Because John Kasay is on that team.

Morstead has done kickoffs since he entered the league, has nothing to do with Kasay being on the team.

I am not sure what is up with Meddy. I agree that if he plans on making this team he has to improve his KO. He has to get them into and through the endzone or all those FGs are for naught.

Mare is an 80+% FG kicker with a great KO. He is our kicker, for better or worse even made it into my sports. Shyzl

No matter how many kickoffs Mare kicks out of the endzone you still have to go with the guy who seems to gives you gauranteed points in Medlock.

The way our team is now built our Defense has to be in a "bend but dont break" mentality which makes us such a deadlier team. I will give teams 3 all day against us because the likely hood of our Offense driving down the field matching 3 with Medlock or even scoring a TD is greatly in our favor.

Should be interesting I am pulling for Medlock, he's hungry, got a hell of a leg and seems very reliable. It would be the smart decision and I will loose the little bit of respect I have for Hurney if he keeps Mares old, non-dependant, overpaid bitch ass over the cheaper, younger and better kicker MEDLOCK

i hope medlock makes the team. the guy is young, he'd be a lot cheaper, he hasn't given us doubt like mare. sure mare is a great touchback kick off man, but who says medlock can't learn. mare is on his way out of the league simply due to age.

fact is our team is weak vs people who dare to return vs us, but we shouldnt be picking our kicker based on this...

Archived