• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/3 Training Camp, Twitter Thread

Would not really like that formation. A lot of rushing weapons in the backfield but would only have one WR and no TE in the game. Allows the defense to stack the box against the run.

This wouldn't be a running formation. The only true RB in that formation would be Williams...I view Tolbert as a FB/TE anyway.

Really? hope so. We got Murph because he can't catch. He can run, he's got good size....so why did a freaking pathetic team like the Raiders let him go for so little?? No, not because of their "depth at wr"...because he can't catch. Gettis got hurt, and we replaced him with a carbon copy...someone who looks the part but doesn't have the whole package.

I hope whatever caused Murphy to land with us for practically nothing is a stroke of good luck,

but it's more likely there is something behind it.

Way to early to say. We have not been through one preseason game yet. We need to wait until they gone through real games to see if he will be dropping a lot of passes. Just practice. The guy will improve through the preseason. Just the timing between him and Cam right now. I ain't to worried right now.

Really? hope so. We got Murph because he can't catch. He can run, he's got good size....so why did a freaking pathetic team like the Raiders let him go for so little?? No, not because of their "depth at wr"...because he can't catch. Gettis got hurt, and we replaced him with a carbon copy...someone who looks the part but doesn't have the whole package.

I hope whatever caused Murphy to land with us for practically nothing is a stroke of good luck,

but it's more likely there is something behind it.

Please go back to lurking

Would not really like that formation. A lot of rushing weapons in the backfield but would only have one WR and no TE in the game. Allows the defense to stack the box against the run.

cam + rbs + oline = 9

11 - 9 = 2 receiving threats.

not to mention, all of our rbs can catch.

let them stack the box.

cam + rbs + oline = 9

11 - 9 = 2 receiving threats.

not to mention, all of our rbs can catch.

let them stack the box.

Well, using 2 WRs would be an option....but teams who use the wishbone usually dont do it often when serious about pounding the rock...

Often they use one or both those spots with TEs...and basically turn them into lineman.

So, everyone could be correct really....depends what they are trying to do.

Archived