• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/3 Training Camp, Twitter Thread

Carolina Panthers@Panthers

LaFell reaches back to pluck a bullet thrown by Newton out of the air. He has been impressive in camp so far.

Looks like LaFell isn't gonna give up that #2 spot without a fight

Sssshh don't let the LaFell haters know. They're in denial, it may shatter their world.

I wouldn't worry about Murphy too much... yet. Lafell has been the same in all training caps since being drafted. Now if he consistently does this in preseason and games, then thats going to be a problem and a wasted trade :angry: !

Dude calm down. It ain't like we trade a 2nd rounder for Murphy or something. I don't consider a 7th round pick a hugh waste of a trade for Murphy. Chill out!! :)

Carolina Panthers@Panthers

DeAngelo, Tolbert and Stewart all lined up in backfield. With Cam, that gives opposing defenses a lot to worry about.

Would not really like that formation. A lot of rushing weapons in the backfield but would only have one WR and no TE in the game. Allows the defense to stack the box against the run.

I do not want to worry, but you play like you practice. For the most part. The dropsies can become bothersome in a heartbeat for guys fighting for a position. If the coach cannot trust you... good luck.

That said, Murphy is new, and he seems to catch everything from DA and the jimmyz. Just maybe, he is trying too hard for Cam? He is outside his comfort zone, or some such idiotic thing.

Ah hellz, I say get it together if you want to see the field.

Would not really like that formation. A lot of rushing weapons in the backfield but would only have one WR and no TE in the game. Allows the defense to stack the box against the run.

We'll probably only run that formation in short yardage situations and on goal line.

But I'd love for a team to leave Smith on an island in man and you could still send Tolbert, Stew to the flats.

How do you see that. Having 5 lineman and Cam,D will, Stewart, and Tolbert. Plus Smith at WR. Still leaves one spot open for a TE or WR on the other side. I think having all 4 guys on the field at the same time would be great. Still have Smith in as well along with another TE or WR. We be nice to see other teams try to figure out how to stop all of the guys at once. Chose your posion.

5 O-linemen,3 backs and Cam = 9. Leaves room for a WR and a TE or 2 WRs. If the D stacks the box they still don't know who'll get the ball or if its the option. It could be a screen and also leaves the WR one on one.

you would still have a te in the game since the extra back is replacing a wr. not sure i would want to see this alot but this formation might give alot of teams fits. it gives you the option to run some power formations with the ability to still hurt teams in the passing game

Joe Person@josephperson

Nakamura working with first-team defense alongside Godfrey for third day in a row.

Looks like Nakamura has locked in that FS spot. Poor poor Martin.

Don't be surprised if we trade Sherrod Martin. We have good depth at safety, w/7 on our current roster and Sherrod is a FA after this year. We could get good value for him, certainly more than a 7th rounder.

Part of me says to let it go, but this part of me has to say it. 3 RBs would still leave room for Smitty and Olsen.

That formation leaves open the posibility of lots of motion and misdirection. I can see where you could see teams stacking the box. But you did forget about Smitty and Olsen. Those two demand attention, which would open things up for others.

I would think the reasoning behind the formation is hoping you will stack the box. It almost guarantees single coverage across the board. Chud is just waiting on you to over react to the run.

Archived