• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WHY NOT?

TruCatzFan

You had me at 14-2.

Kalil set the bar.

This is our year. "ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!", was our first huddle chant at TC.

Fug anybody here or anywhere else that tells you different.

TCF is no dummy, he has the ability to assimilate information. His AFSC code would surprise a lot of you (it's like an IQ test).

Keep Pounding TCF. Win or loose, you MUST have this mentality as a fan base or a player to reach greatness.

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

I will be able to go to 6 of our 8 home games this year. I will not sit down in the lower bowl, I will not stop yelling on every play, I will not passively support this team anymore.

I will believe and I will belong to a fan base that OWNS 2012 with a resurgent D, an unstoppable offense and the #1 ST in all of football.

I will not give up on this, our most promising year in Panthers history.

BOA is OURS, and all of professional football will be witnesses.

GOD BLESS the Panthers.

Two things for you my interwebz friend.

Firstly, this is in no way our most promising year. Oh wait. After this year we will be expecting greatness, which would by osmosis, make this year our most promising year. Sorry, continue.

Secondly, are ye a Lions fan? Or are the Sanders mentions just cuz he was great and all? I only ask because, I too am a Lions fan. Born a Lions fan, lucky to be a Pantherz fan. Not many people get to start a franchise.

Considering this is only year two in Riveras' reign...

Yo, I'm glad that a few of you agree. I just seriously think that our mindset is still stuck in fox ball mode. Yeah, we all say that it no longer is what it is... But I've also read several posts stating that we'd likely go 9-7. These individuals would live to tell you that they're just being realistic... On the contrary these are the people still stuck in this franchise's history... I'm simply bringing about the idea that we are in need of a bit of culture change as fans as well....

“A moment is upon us, where dreams become beliefs and yearning becomes conviction,’’ Kalil wrote. “How do I know? Because I’ve seen it.’’

I'm just sayin... Maybe it's time we SEE it as well

Two things for you my interwebz friend.

Firstly, this is in no way our most promising year. Oh wait. After this year we will be expecting greatness, which would by osmosis, make this year our most promising year. Sorry, continue.

Secondly, are ye a Lions fan? Or are the Sanders mentions just cuz he was great and all? I only ask because, I too am a Lions fan. Born a Lions fan, lucky to be a Pantherz fan. Not many people get to start a franchise.

Considering this is only year two in Riveras' reign...

Hubby,

I am not a Lions fan but I am a Barry Sanders fan. Everyone has the right to an opinion but in my opinion, Barry Sanders is the greatest football player that ever lived. I have never before and doubt that I will ever see again a player that left me dumbfounded like #20 did.

As far as the "rah, rah" I've been spitting, I won't apologize. Win, loose or draw I am going to have fun this year believing it is going to happen. If it does, I can say I was on-board from the beginning. If it doesn't, I can have fun next year believing the same thing. Isn't that what sports are all about?

Hope springs eternal brother. :)

The team actually played in the super bowl and another NFC Championship game the the past 9 years so Not sure where you are going with all of that franchise history stuff. Unless you are into some sort of New Age, One reality spiritualism our perception of what is realistic or not has no bearing on what the team may achieve.

The team actually played in the super bowl and another NFC Championship game the the past 9 years so Not sure where you are going with all of that franchise history stuff. Unless you are into some sort of New Age, One reality spiritualism our perception of what is realistic or not has no bearing on what the team may achieve.

I humbly disagree. If BOA is on its ear every home game, the results will be different. We can feed the fire.

"All in!"

Thanks for you attempt at a History lesson... now let me school you... We have actually played in 3 NFC Championship games. You forgot the one against the Packers. Granted not in your 9 year window... But let's at least be thorough when we talk about our history.

And yes, this is a new era of our franchise... If you can't see that, then there's really nothing else I can say to prove it.

I get ur point as a HOMER, but not going to happen buddy.

In the NFCSOUTH, I see us winning both TB games, and splitting each vs the Falcons and Saints***. That's 4-2 record in our division.

NFC EAST:

(W) Washington, NYG (L) Philly, Dallas

AFC WEST SWEEP:

(W) Denver, Oakland, KC, SD

(W) Seattle (L) Chicago

2012 Regular Season Record: 11-5

pretty much exactly how i see the schedule shaping up though i could see us sweeping the Saints* as well, depending on the effect payton's absence has them, which should be significant and if it isn't then you have to either 1) wonder if he was really that much of a factor at all and maybe paid too much or 2) still in contact with the team.

anyways...against the NFCE, i don't know who we beat/lose to, but i see us splitting with them.

it's hard not to imagine a sweep of the AFCW. we might lose one of those games, though. we might pick a bad day to have a bad day. won't matter, though, not our conference.

chi-town is one i am having serious problems with but i think we could beat them. i think they've got the talent, but their OC is mike tice. he doesn't scare me at all. i don't expect them to make the most of the weapons they have at their disposal and their D is getting old.

i see this as a 10 to 11 win season with a potential for more. i really like our chances this year.

Man, Im drinkin the same koolaid here TCF, I believe in the New erA...

Been sayin Carolina is going to win 3 of the next 6 SuperBowls... IT STARTS NOW!!!!!!!11!!!!

I had the feeling that '05 & '08 were going to be special, and they were. This season I got the feelin the Panthers are on the cusp of greatness, believe or gtfo the way...

Its going to be special but not no 14-2 just bc we have a new era in RR and his staffs.

If yall wanna say 14-2, mind as well ride the bandwagon of being 19-0 straight with our name on the Lombardi Trophy already. As great as the Packers were last season, even they found a way to loose one game vs the Chiefs.

Im not riding anything off, but a 11-5 or 10-6 with a playoffs berth is more realistic. Remember teams like TB has gotten better by the days also. We have yet to have sure answers on how good our DT, Secondary, and No.2/No.3 WRs will be.

Eventhough, we have Ron Edwards and Beason back with the addition of Kuechly, Im still not sure how good well be against stopping the run. I still fear that Matt Forte. Everything starts from the front, so our DTs better be a big asset to this defense. Fua and McClain needs to have a big of a season as they possibly can in order to help us win 10-11 games.

I wont make a prediction of our team record...but I will say that I believe despite what Manning has done in the past, I am convinced he will be a different man this year. I can totally see him getting nervous when defenses are closing in on him, and by week 10 when we play them will have had at least a few good hits to drive the point home.

Should have retired and left his legacy on a high note...sadly for him, between his injury and Fox...I don't see him maintaining even a glimmer of his former glory.

Archived