• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton/Williams/Stewart all snubbed on Madden 13

TruCatzFan

Cam is going to be a monster in this game, if not just for the updated playbook with triple-options and designed QB runs. By mid-season I suspect he will be close to top 5 in rating.

Hey did they add QB runs and options this year for real? Running with the qbs the last few years on Madden has been horrible.

Hey did they add QB runs and options this year for real? Running with the qbs the last few years on Madden has been horrible.

I don't know, I generally rush for about 50 yards per game with Cam, but rarely anything more than 20 yards. Usually just 5-10 and slide. I play with him pretty much the way he plays. I hang in the pocket trying to find a receiver and if nothing opens up and there's a lane, I take it. QB sneaks with a yard or less to go are virtually unstoppable.

Cam should be an unlockabe secret character....only avaliable after you beat the game on super hard mode with no restarts. He should also be wearing an all black uni.

That's not how it works anymore. Now you must pay $5 to unlock additional features or extra characters. So that would be a total of $10. $5 for Cam and $5 for the alternate uniform.

That kind of made me sad typing that.

That's not how it works anymore. Now you must pay $5 to unlock additional features or extra characters. So that would be a total of $10. $5 for Cam and $5 for the alternate uniform.

That kind of made me sad typing that.

This guy is being sarcastic for those of you who don't know...

People make way too big a deal out of the overall ratings. The raw stats are what it's all about and I'm sure Cam will be toting big numbers in speed, strength, elusiveness, trucking, and throw power. sure his awr and acc are gonna start out low, but he'll probably be the most effective qb to use in the game. running quarterbacks have always been broken in football games and i doubt this will be any different.

I tend to do my own roster edits every year and 'fix' the horrible EA ratings. I tend to go for a much more conservative rating scheme and only put guys 90+ in rare situations. For the Panthers, this is how I have the team rated in Madden 12 right now:

QB:

Cam Newton: 85

Derek Anderson: 70

Jimmy Clausen: 68

RB:

DeAngelo Williams: 88

Jonathan Stewart: 88

Josh Vaughan: 65

FB:

Mike Tolbert: 88

WR:

Steve Smith: 95