• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the Hell

Darth Waya

• 1 month later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Week 1 of the 2024 season is finally upon us. The moment we've all been waiting for has arrived. After much debate and suffering, we Panther's fans finally get to see our new team under new HC Canales. There's very little hope around for the new season with most fans just too damaged after consecutive years of terrible Panther's football that expectations are low with most set on being content if the Panther' can just win 4-5 games and not finished dead last again.  This morning I went to the NFL network to see the game predictions fully expecting the Saints to be the unanimous choice to win today but much to my surprise that wasn't the case. One brave writer is swimming against the flow and has picked Carolina to win today's game in New Orleans versus the hated Saints. That's right, Gannaro says we're gonna win this one and this is why. As you can see above. He believes the changes we've made on offense this off season will be the difference maker against our division foe. The Saint's roster is old but they are under a new offensive system for the first time in years. Their offensive line is bad and he says we've done more to improve ours so he's giving us the nod in game 1.  I want to believe. I really do, and as the game approaches I can't help but look at my refrigeratore where and have a freshly made pitcher of Tropical Punch Kool-aid chilling before game time. Over the next few hours I and we have a tough decision to make. To drink or not to drink, that is the question. So fans, are you drinking the Kool-aid today or not? Please tell us your beverage today and why.    
    • Oh yeah, not expecting much, I think he's maybe just brought in as a hype man/special teams hitter specifically for this game. I just find his Twitter honest and entertaining lol. He's CB7 on our depth chart so yeah
    • Meh. He played well on the special teams units but despite safety becoming a dire position we needed a warm body at, he was a complete non-factor on defense to justify keeping him around. He averaged 10.2 defensive snaps per game across 12 games last year and couldn't overtake Howden or Abram for the position (both of whom were brought back this year). Maybe he'll play better at CB for y'all but I wouldn't hold out much hope. As mid of a head coach Allen may be, he knows his stuff regarding the secondary so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on it.