• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Wallace

Panthers4lyfe

55 for 5 years? Restructure D-Will (IDK if he would be willing to do that if not I'd say let him go since we don't owe him anything after 2012) Extend Stew to something where he gets paid well but be reasonable no more D-Will contracts please. Sign this guy 5 years 55 mil frontload the contract.

Make it happen Hurn-dawg. This offense could be more than scary with this man aboard. It could be #1.

I know I know I'm not really expecting that to happen. The FO is panning for gold with the UDFA's right now. That's what they want; Homegrown talent.

As of right now I would say no. We have to many other needs on this team right now or at least until the season is over and see how far we went this season. But right now we have to many guys at WR spot right now. Whether go with what we have right now at WR and wait until the offseason to worry about the WR position then.

Lets see what the young guys will do. We passed for over 4000 yrds last yr without a true number 2. Lets see who emerges and use the money for other needs. We will have even more yrds this yr this and do not need to spend top dollar for a wr.

In a perfect world, it would be nice. But the money he is demanding ain't a joke, and he hasn't shown any inclination of compromising! I don't think that even the pleasure and possibilities of playing with Cam is going to be a big enough draw persuade him to give us a discount. Dude won't even play for arguably the most storied franchise in NFL history. He wants bigger dollars. Moreover, down the road a piece, we are going to have to re-sign Stewie, and signing Wallace to a big contract may make that nearly impossible.

The Steelers have A. Brown, E. Sanders and J. Cotchery as the backbone of their corps (and, they usually always have a draft pick or sideline guy that surprises). They can move on without Wallace, and so can we. Provided that he stays on the field, you will see that Louis Murphy will become our version of the poor man's Mike Wallace.

this is what Panther fans are going to have to come to grips with..........

we can't have a highly paid superstar at each position.

this is what Panther fans are going to have to come to grips with..........

we can't have a highly paid superstar at each position.

Sad but true. When Cam get's his extension in the coming years this team is SERIOUSLY going to be in cap hell every offseason. This is seriously going to test Hurney's mettle and the ability of the scouts to find cheap talent that can carry the load.

Do NOT expect any hometown discounts from Cammy Cam. As much as I'm sure he loves us he will probably have a ring when he gets extended and he will know damn well he's a superstar deserving of superstar money. Reality.

Lets see what the young guys will do. We passed for over 4000 yrds last yr without a true number 2. Lets see who emerges and use the money for other needs. We will have even more yrds this yr this and do not need to spend top dollar for a wr.

Well it ain't just for the number 2 WR. But we need to start finding a true elite WR for the near future to take over for Smith one day soon. But I will give you your first pie as a new huddle. Make you feel welcome here. :)

Sad but true. When Cam get's his extension in the coming years this team is SERIOUSLY going to be in cap hell every offseason. This is seriously going to test Hurney's mettle and the ability of the scouts to find cheap talent that can carry the load.

Do NOT expect any hometown discounts from Cammy Cam. As much as I'm sure he loves us he will probably have a ring when he gets extended and he will know damn well he's a superstar deserving of superstar money. Reality.

Really? How is that? Has people already forgotten that by the year 2014 that the TV money comes into affect and teams salary caps will start going way up then. I'm sure by the time Newton contract comes due. We will have more then enough cap to take care of him for many years to come.

Mike Wallace may be a Steeler this year (if he signs his tender), but he will not be next year according to all I'm reading. He badly overplayed his hand. Antonio Brown readily accepted Wallace's contract (5 yr $42.5 mil), as well he should have. Now Wallace will probably end up in a place where WRs really go to die (and I'm not talking about Chicago). If he wants the opportunity to become a champion, then he would do himself a favor by signing a similar contract with the Panthers (if Hurney could swing it), otherwise his value and career will slowly become a little above ordinary in Cleveland, Jacksonville, St. Louis or some other place that won't even sniff a Lombardi while he is at his best.

No I wouldn't only because I got some information from a certain GB Packers receiver who uses the same trainer as Mike Wallace and the trainer himself. He said that Nike Wallace was fast as hell but he can only run three good routes. That doesn't sound like a number 1 receiver to me

Really? How is that? Has people already forgotten that by the year 2014 that the TV money comes into affect and teams salary caps will start going way up then. I'm sure by the time Newton contract comes due. We will have more then enough cap to take care of him for many years to come.

22306084.jpg

On an off note: this just goes to show us another reason why the Steelers and the Pats are perennial competitors for championships. They refuse to let prima donnas hold them over a barrel.

This Steelers' move is a classic in the annals of NFL contract lore, so for those of you that pay attention to this type of thing appreciate it for what it is: a slap in the face back to reality for legends in their own minds.

Archived