• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason power rankings article on NFL.com

JawnyBlaze

Top Shelf: Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Houston Texans, and Baltimore Ravens

Next level: Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints**** and San Francisco 49ers

Contenders: Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers, and Denver Broncos

Not sold: Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, Seattle Seahwaks, San Diego Chargers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Tennessee Titans

Searching for mediocrity: Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins, Miami Dolphins, and St. Louis Rams

Bottom feeders: Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, and Indianapolis Colts

I'd feel this to be more accurate. Texans maybe one spot lower, but I think they'll surprise more folks this year.

Not hard to compete in a division were 7-9 has won the division in the past...

Just because their division has historically been so piss poor from a competitive standpoint that they have a good chance of backpedaling into a division title doesn't make them a contender.

KC...meh they do have some serious talent on that roster with Cassel holding them back IMO.

I'm not saying Matt is an awful QB...he's just meh. He reminds me of Delhomme in his prime in a way, good but not great.

No need to retract, Cassel is pretty terrible.

For those of you who are asking why KC is so high, look at their division. A bunch of mediocre teams. With the return of some key defenders and Jamaal Charles especially, they'll likely win the AFC West.

Jamaal Charles is the best back in football, in my opinion. He hits almost 7 yards per carry when he plays.

Yeah, put they still have Cassel in a league the becomes more QB important seemingly every year.

I mean Denver won in that poo division last year....that didn't make on par with teams that belonged in a 2nd tier IMO

I think people are seriously underestimating Denver in talking up KCs chances. Also Seattle has a pretty good defense and while I don't expect Flynn to put up nearly the stats he did in relief of Rodgers, I think he's the best qb in the division.

Denver Broncos "not sold" is what jumped at me overall tbh

They're in the SuperBowl conversation IF* Manning can stay healthy.

I know that the AFC is strong, but with that defense and Manning actually getting those guys rest with sustained drives, they're def in the conversation.

Now if Manning gets hurt... They're fugged!

I'd feel this to be more accurate. Texans maybe one spot lower, but I think they'll surprise more folks this year.

I would love to see their official preseason power rankings over the last 10 years and see how accurate they are.

Gotta funny feeling these idiots are the same type of people that predicted the Braves finishing last in "91 and the Patriots not quite getting the Wildcard in "01.

A lot of people are overhyping the Broncos though. They're an average team at best, even with Manning.

The receiving core is weak, and Manning isn't getting younger. I think he'll have the worst season since his 2nd or 3rd in the league for sure.

The defense can be solid, but outside of an ancient Champ Bailey, that secondary isn't very good.

Edit: Forgot they picked up Tracy Porter, but still. The defense is good, not great.

Archived