• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason power rankings article on NFL.com

JawnyBlaze

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82acb6e7/article/preseason-power-rankings-packers-pace-contenders?module=HP11_cp

They didn't actually do numerical rankings, but lumped everyone into 6 categories: Top Shelf, Next Level, Contenders, Not Sold, Searching for Mediocrity, Bottom Feeders. We get put in "Contenders" with San Fran, Atlanta, NYJ, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati and Seattle.

Top Shelf: Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens

Next level: Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints* and Kansas City Chiefs

Contenders: San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks

Not sold: Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans

Searching for mediocrity: Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins

Bottom feeders: Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Indianapolis Colts

Yea, other than Seattle and KC (and possibly Pittsburgh) I mostly agree with where everyone was put. Those three I'd probably bump down a notch each.

The only comment that mentioned the Panthers said if you combined the Panthers offense with the Seahawks defense you'd have a top-5 team, heh.

I mostly agree with this.

My only issue is Pittsburgh...I believe they are an 8-10 win team. They aren't the "elite" defense they use to be.

KC...meh they do have some serious talent on that roster with Cassel holding them back IMO.

I'm not saying Matt is an awful QB...he's just meh. He reminds me of Delhomme in his prime in a way, good but not great.

Plus playing in a division that is a huge question mark helps.

Archived