• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TJ Lang has issues with Kalil's prediction

JawnyBlaze

Great comment on the ESPN page - someone said you have to take into account the intended audience, and that while media is now everywhere with today's technology, he took out an ad in the "Charlotte" Observer, intended to aim the message at the Panthers faithful, and that it wasn't a tweet or some comment on ESPN putting the league and the world on notice.

I still support Ryan's enthusiasm and outlook. And any other player or fan from another team that has an issue with it can eat poo.

Great comment on the ESPN page - someone said you have to take into account the intended audience, and that while media is now everywhere with today's technology, he took out an ad in the "Charlotte" Observer, intended to aim the message at the Panthers faithful, and that it wasn't a tweet or some comment on ESPN putting the league and the world on notice.

I still support Ryan's enthusiasm and outlook. And any other player or fan from another team that has an issue with it can eat poo.

You look further down and some dumbass posts how the eagles supposedly do this "every year" (because last year is every year right). points out that the packers and pats who are year to year contenders (even though the packers have only been great for 2 years) never run their mouth, yet forgets that the ravens and steelers who actually are contenders every year run theirs mouths all the time.

You guys may not like it but he does have a point about the guarantee part.

That said, every team and it's players have the same aspirations. The packers already won their superbowl, and as a team that almost went undefeated last year it's easy for them to dismiss a team like the panthers. Kalil is not some diva who went on espn though, he spoke directly to the community.

It strikes me as significant that Kalil has never gone public with something like this before. I am inclined to at least think he believes the team can do it, whether anyone else does or not. I like that he's willing to put up or shut up, instead of playing it safe.

Archived