• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 09 roster update gives our big uglies some love

TerriblePizza

G Travelle Wharton - Panthers - 89 to 92 - Panthers best offensive lineman. Moved over from tackle last season.

G Keydrick Vincent - Panthers - 79 to 81 - Is a mauler in the run game at RG.

T Jeff Otah - Panthers - 78 to 79 - Is much better run blocking than pass blocking.

FB Brad Hoover - Panthers - 87 to 89 - One of the last true fullbacks that still plays a lot of snaps.

http://www.pastapadre.com/5206/madden-09-roster-update-15-details

Its arguable that Wharton is a best lineman. However, I do believe Otah is way underrated in this game.

I like how they show love to our O-line who yes, receives credit, but we need others updated as well. Some examples and reasons:

- Deangelo Williams is only an 86? Come on. I watched him blast apart Monte Kiffin’s Tampa defense which is supposedly so great, and people say things about our offensive line. Yes, they did tremendously, but at the same time, how many broken tackles did he have? I counted four on one play lone. 186 yards on 19 touches and two touchdowns against a veteran defense known for stopping the run? 86 isn’t nearly enough. Did I mention he’s LEADING the LEAGUE in touchdowns this year. I’d say that warrants at least a 90.

-Jonathan Stewart is also doing a tremendous job. Should at least be an 87. Speed can stay the same, but his trucking doesn’t get old and he’s got better ball vision than this game gives him credit for.

-Mushin Muhammad is only an 87 overall. I highly disagree with that. At least an 89 or so, because if Stevie isn’t open, he is. And I’m fairly sure his speed is somewhere in the 86 - 87 area as well. Unrealistic.

-Chris Godfrey, our Free Safety, is an unsung hero of our defense, and yet he’s only a 79. I have watched every Panther game over the past 5 years, and he’s the one making plays in our secondary, whether it’s a tipped ball or separating someone from the ball.

-Jon Beason should be higher than a 93, probably a 95 or so, for his team-leading 3 interceptions and 2nd-in-the-league 122 tackles. He made his first pro bowl this year, and it is no mistake. The guy’s a true star in the making.

-You guys are going to trouble me a bit for this one, but when does Steve Smith make that jump from 98 to 99? You increase his speed by 1 point and he’s a 99 overall. At only a 97 speed, I’m pretty sure he could burn almost anyone deep if we’re talking just pure sprinting. And if not speed, something else. The guy is third in the league in receiving right now, and he missed the first two games of the year. Yes, I know it’s his fault for missing them, but he’d be ahead of Andre Johnson pretty easily, considering Andre’s only about 160 yards above him. He means more to the Panther offense than people could even fathom.

Archived