• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which QB in the NFL has the best arm?

JawnyBlaze

Well here is the top 10 longest passes of last season although they don't have this in net yards for some reason:

1. Tom Brady* · NWE 99

Eli Manning* · NYG 99

3. Ben Roethlisberger* · PIT 95

4. Aaron Rodgers*+ · GNB 93

5. Cam Newton · CAR 91

6. Curtis Painter · IND 87

7. Andy Dalton · CIN 84

8. Caleb Hanie · CHI 81

9. Matt Flynn · GNB 80

Matt Hasselbeck · TEN 80

Matt Ryan · ATL 80

Matt Schaub · HOU 80

Here's net yards per pass attempt:

1. Aaron Rodgers*+ · GNB 8.22

2. Tom Brady* · NWE 7.87

3. Drew Brees* · NOR 7.81

4. Matt Schaub · HOU 7.73

5. Eli Manning* · NYG 7.67

6. Carson Palmer · OAK 7.63

7. Philip Rivers* · SDG 7.23

8. Michael Vick · PHI 7.12

9. Tony Romo · DAL 7.09

10. Ben Roethlisberger* · PIT 6.89

http://www.pro-footb...011/leaders.htm

I'd go with Rodgers for strongest and best arm.

Are there any measurables on QBs arm strength? If so, I never hear about them. As much as they try to analyze these guys with dash times, wonderlics, and bench presses etc., why don't they have a 20 yard mph number or total yards of carry guage for QBs?

they measure at the combine by radar gun, i'm sure its on the interweb somewheres

cam definitely has zip. threw a couple of passes that his receivers couldnt hold on to last year. strongest on the long ball id probably give the edge to stafford. most accurate? unfortunately mole man takes that honor. ill be glad when he leaves NO.

Limp wristed sissy boy award? anyone....? pickles is too easy. Ill go matty ice.

Hah...I remember Cam throwing one serious no arc, straight line bullet to Smitty that he couldn't catch. I also remember Smitty looking back at Cam and unmistakably saying "F*CK YOU!!".

Hah...I remember Cam throwing one serious no arc, straight line bullet to Smitty that he couldn't catch. I also remember Smitty looking back at Cam and unmistakably saying "F*CK YOU!!".

was this at TC or in a game?

just curious.

was this at TC or in a game?

just curious.

i think it was one of the Saints** games. i believe he was throwing a dart over the middle and ss89 couldn't hold on to it. cam might have set him up to get knocked the fug out, though.

To me arm strength isn't just about throwing distance, although deep ball is a factor.

Arm strength for me is about the ability to drive the ball with velocity on the litmus test arm strength intensive throws: deep comeback, deep square in/big dig, skinny post/bang 8, throws from the far hash to the opposite sideline, throws into small windows with defenders closing in etc, being ability to still throw with velocity while off balance and relying only on arm strength

Well here is the top 10 longest passes of last season although they don't have this in net yards for some reason:

1. Tom Brady* · NWE 99

Eli Manning* · NYG 99

3. Ben Roethlisberger* · PIT 95

4. Aaron Rodgers*+ · GNB 93

5. Cam Newton · CAR 91

6. Curtis Painter · IND 87

7. Andy Dalton · CIN 84

8. Caleb Hanie · CHI 81

9. Matt Flynn · GNB 80

Matt Hasselbeck · TEN 80

Matt Ryan · ATL 80

Matt Schaub · HOU 80

Here's net yards per pass attempt:

1. Aaron Rodgers*+ · GNB 8.22

2. Tom Brady* · NWE 7.87

3. Drew Brees* · NOR 7.81

4. Matt Schaub · HOU 7.73

5. Eli Manning* · NYG 7.67

6. Carson Palmer · OAK 7.63

7. Philip Rivers* · SDG 7.23

8. Michael Vick · PHI 7.12

9. Tony Romo · DAL 7.09

10. Ben Roethlisberger* · PIT 6.89

http://www.pro-footb...011/leaders.htm

I'd go with Rodgers for strongest and best arm.

Well in fairness, tons of those are purely YAC. Like Brady and Cam's....there aren't bombs

If we are lining guys up to see who can chunk it the farthest and throw with the most velocity (ingoring QB play )....I think Cam, Vick if he still has it, and Stafford are the ones I would bet in. I think Favre could come back today and break some fingers

Archived