• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many Super Bowls do YOU think Cam will win?

ctrcat

We have one big advantage that goes overlooked. We play outside.

Dome teams typically play poorly in open air stadiums in the playoffs. Unless they get home field throughout, it's tough to advance to the Super Bowl.

Imo, that is a big part of why Manning only won one in Indy.

Peyton lost a ton of road playoff games early in his career but the biggest factor was they weren't dominant. There is a reason they had road games. Some of his more recent playoff losses have come at Lucas Oil.

I just think Cam puts in more effort than most guy. Everyone plays hard on Sundays. Cam works hard in April. If anyone can put it all together its him.

Honestly I'm not ruling out a Superbowl trip this year. Everything has to go right but I feel like we have enough potential to get it done. If we can put together a good defense it's game on. Go look at our 2003 Superbowl team. We had a rookie in Ricky Manning Jr and a journeyman in Greg Favors. Guys just got it done.

Cam had some great numbers but there are holes in his game. He needs to be more accurate. He kills a couple drives a game by throwing off target and several other times his receivers bail him out. An 18 yard completion looks really nice but a better pass might have gone for 30...

In all due respect... he still was a rookie with no OTAs coming from a very "College" style offense at Auburn. He knows he needs to work on his accuracy and footwork and he works his ass off, work ethic and coachability are not areas of concern. Heres the big thing though, think of how much better of a pure passer Cam went from between the combine and the regular season (rookie season). Now imagine if he improves only half that much for next year.

Yea... it's scary to think about.

I get tired of hearing this line as if Delhomme was some sort of anchor around our neck holding us back. Anyone who watched that Super Bowl knows Jake played his fuging ass of that night. He arguably outplayed Brady. He very well could've been the SB MVP had Kasay not shanked that kickoff.

Jake was 16/33 for 323 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Brady was 32/48 for 354 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT.

yea alot of people have really short term memories. In his prime delhomme was a top 10 qb in this league and put up respectable numbers.

Well that is what I hope for. It depends on whom you ask. Some QBs think accuracy can only be improved so much, you are born with it. Hopefully Cam makes those guys look like idiots again.

Cam has very good natural accuracy, what screws him up is his footing from time to time - that is coachable, it can be fixed. Although I understand that because of Cam's skillset, he will get "caught with his pants down" trying to avoid a sack or taking off, then tries to dump off the pass off his backfoot.

Edit: Ah fug it, copy paste fail. Just look at Jake's 2005 numbers. They are similar to Cams

Yeah Jake had a couple nice years. But his stats were basically like a rookie Cam Newton without the 700yards rushing and 14 rushing TDs. The rules favored D a little more back then but Steve Smith was the best in the league at the time.

My argument was never that Jake is a bad QB. It's that Cam is way better.

Cam's rings don't necessarily have to be won in Charlotte.

Can this franchise really produce multiple championships?

My guess is that he wins one within the next 5 years. Will it happen while he's a Panther?

Will he play longer than 5 years in this league?

All of this depends on a number of factors being consistent for many years. That hasn't happened with this franchise yet, unless you count Foxball and sucking.

Love Cam! But let's be realistic and say that Cam is good enough to be a champion at that level. Doesn't mean he WILL win a ring.

Likewise, he could still be one of the greatest of all time with or without a ring.

Archived