• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many Super Bowls do YOU think Cam will win?

ctrcat

he took plenty of hard hits. and no, he doesn't have sliding "down to an art." counting six hard hits off the top of your head about 8 months after the season ended is not comforting. i doubt peyton, brady, or rogers would dive 6 yards out from the end zone. don't get me wrong, that's what makes us love him and so thankful he worked out for us [first year being the benchmark]. but i will say that he can't continue to do that and expect to play for 15 seasons. his rushing ability makes him dangerous, he just might take it away from himself prematurely.

I've rewatched every game at least twice in the last two months. Yeah, the head first dives aren't the best things to do, but he really does a great job avoiding hits. I remember one run vs. the Texans where he scrambled out of pressure, ran up the sideline and then dropped so fast out of bounds that the LB that was sizing him up completely sailed past him and landed on his face.

I'm not worried.

Meh we almost beat Tom Brady with Jake Delhomme. Should we not dream a little bigger with Cam Newton?

I get tired of hearing this line as if Delhomme was some sort of anchor around our neck holding us back. Anyone who watched that Super Bowl knows Jake played his fuging ass of that night. He arguably outplayed Brady. He very well could've been the SB MVP had Kasay not shanked that kickoff.

Jake was 16/33 for 323 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Brady was 32/48 for 354 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT.

Archived