• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many Super Bowls do YOU think Cam will win?

ctrcat

I've wanted to start this topic for some time, but after reading the NFL.com article which believes we're "next up" of the 14 franchises to win their first Super Bowl, the Cbssports article that mentions the words "dynasty" and "football god" when describing our team and quarterback, and considering we're at the height of the summer doldrums, I figured there was no better time than now.

Honestly? I say five. Cameron Jerrell Newton was born on May 11, 1989, and I don't believe it's any stretch to say he'll play 15 more years, with the outside chance he plays at age 38, 39, or 40+ to give him an additional year or more (years I'm not even including). Even if he only plays 15 years, I believe it is extremely probable to think he'll average one Super Bowl title every three years. I believe everyone can see he has the potential to be the greatest of all time (with all due respect to the greatest of all time), and therefore I do believe he will have more than Joe Montana. I have him one short of the six that Michael Jordan has in basketball, due to the obvious differences in football and basketball. Although, Jordan himself could have had an additional title or two had he not taken his baseball hiatus.

Clearly, we are GOING to be in the mix over the next 15 years, and I want to win every year, but due to injuries, personnel, breaks, etc., I believe it breaks down as follows-(we win one in the next four years (with Smitty!) when Cam is 23-26,, we win three in the six year span when Cam is 27-32, and we win one more in the five year span when Cam is 33-37. JMO.

Fun to think about if nothing else. Honest thoughts?

15 years for a QB that puts himself in danger almost every game???  No way, man. He will bring the ring to CLT, but how many times depends upon his ability to pass and slide.

How many hard hits did Cam take the entire season? I can count maybe six off the top of my head. The kid has sliding down to an art.

The panthers? or just cam? Hell peyton only got 1 and he is considered by most to be top 5 of all time...

Love Peyton, and that's a fact, but Tennessee won the national title the year after he left. Auburn lost five the year before and the year after Cam, after not winning a national title since 1957. Cam can also do things on a football field no Manning could do in their dreams. Peyton could have/would have/should have won more than one as well. Those that say Cam will only win one sound sillier than those that say five. Our man is going to transcend football folks.

Archived