• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Clausen Haters

Hairless Cat

Ask the Texans if a well prepared backup quarterback or two is a necessity. And as far as I know the 2nd and 3rd qb spot arent determined as of yet - so Clausen is conceivably our number 2 guy.

We all know Rivera doesnt pull any punches and he says Clausen is doing the right things and getting better. I will believe our head coach over any of the haters.

As much as Clausen does suck, we're screwed if Newton gets hurt regardless so it doesn't matter to me much.

Not necessarily, we have three good backs. We could still have a good enough offense with Derek Anderson at the helm.

Ask the Texans if a well prepared backup quarterback or two is a necessity. And as far as I know the 2nd and 3rd qb spot arent determined as of yet - so Clausen is conceivably our number 2 guy.

We all know Rivera doesnt pull any punches and he says Clausen is doing the right things and getting better. I will believe our head coach over any of the haters.

I pie'd you accidentally.

Um, first off. The Texans run a different type of offense and Yates can run it.

Our offense is specifically catered to Cam. If he goes down, the offense would slightly change and the only person I believe that can run that would be Derek Anderson.

Jimmy said he's learned more by sitting down and watching tape. It could very well be that Jimmy is more of a sit down and learn type. Not like Newton where he's the Learn as you go type.

Whichever the case, I wouldn't want Newton side lined for whatever reason to find out if Jimmy has progressed. It would mean he would sustain a very serious injury, which would send the huddle in a downward spiral of death.

Not necessarily, we have three good backs. We could still have a good enough offense with Derek Anderson at the helm.

Maybe, but I'm more referring to our playoff chances. In my opinion, we're a legitimate contender and threat with Newton at helm. While I could see our offense still playing reasonably well, we're far from the team we are with Newton at quarterback. I guess it depends on how much our defense improves though. I'm optimistic our run defense will have gotten better. Pass defense on the other hand...

lol I guess you didnt catch the sarcasm. But be honest, there wouldnt be much of a drop off....

Cool man, my bad, I should've caught the sarcasm... But you're right, there wouldn't be much of a drop off. I wouldn't have a problem with us cutting or trading Clausen because I don't think that he adds value to the team. I rather for us to develope a 3rd string QB to be our 2nd QB when Anderson calls it quits.

Really, dude. Who the fug hates Pickles at this point? Jimmy is like the kid that you bullied on in the past and feel ashamed and sorry for having done it. As long as he doesn't make the field, I'm good. If by some cruel stroke of the football gods that we would have to use him in a critical situation on the field, I will shake my head, grit my teeth, and wish him the best (obviously). But, even if he finds himself on another team, as long as he ain't playing the Panthers, I will still feel compelled to wish him well.

Archived