• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does this mean?

Mrs Pantherfan

My computer at home is very sick and I don't know what to do...I can't even get it into safe mode...how screwed am I? Pushing "r" brings it right back to this screen. F10 gets me to the safe mode option screen..when I click on it..it brings me back to this screen.. :(

0504090720.jpg?t=1241440210

Well, I'm going home to drop off one car and pick up another, heading to school for a presentation, but while i'm at home I can pick up my bootable Vista DVD and give it to you when I head back up here this afternoon. No key required, I don't think.

that'd be great! anything is worth a try...you gonna be back in the area around 5:00?

You might want to make sure that your cd/dvd drive is supposed to boot before your harddrive. That may be why the disk won't load. When you start the computer you should see a command to open the setup (it's almost always an F key, F1, etc). Once you find out what key it is, restart the computer and press this key until the setup comes up. Look for something like boot order in the menu and select. Make sure the Cd/dvd drive is listed above the harddrive in the boot order. If it's not, change the order and save the changes then exit setup. The disk should boot up now if this was the issue.

Archived