• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA offseason news

thatlookseasy

There wasnt a good place to put this stuff, so I made one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tony-parker-got-shards-glass-eye-during-drake-174449702--nba.html;_ylt=Aj7qzEDWIC8GQlsoi9Q_790mYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTRyZDlwcjZiBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMgRtaXQDRmVhdHVyZWQgQmxvZ3MgQ09SRQRwa2cDMTA1ODE5ZjItYzZmOC0zMjk4LThiMmMtNTJlNTE5ZmNmOGQyBHBvcwMyBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJMaXN0TWl4ZWRMUENBVGVtcAR2ZXIDOWZiYjY0NzAtYjczYS0xMWUxLWI2ZmYtODZlNzVjZjRmYmQ4;_ylg=X3oDMTM2cDE5YWYwBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDOGRmYjVhMmEtZTRhZS0zZjlkLTk4YzYtY2UxODI4MjA4MjcyBHBzdGNhdANuYmF8YmFsbGRvbi0zOS10bGllBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

Tony Parker suffers eye injury during Drake-Chris Brown NYC nightclub brawl

Thanks to the intrepid reporting of the New York Daily News, we already knew that NBA guards Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs and Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks were on the scene early Thursday morning at New York City nightspot Club WIP when, in the paper's words, "a festering beef between R&B singer Chris Brown and rapper Drake over their gorgeous ex-girlfriend [Rihanna] exploded Thursday into a bloody, bottle-throwing melee inside [the] packed Manhattan club." Shumpert, the Knicks' injured rookie, confirmed on Twitter Friday morning that security had gotten him out of the club unscathed before the bottles started flying. On Friday afternoon, we learned that Parker wasn't so lucky.

The three-time NBA champion said he got some shards of glass in his left eye during the incident on Wednesday.

"I was there with a bunch of friends when a fight broke out. They started to throw bottles about ... I got it all," Parker told a news conference.

"The cornea has been touched. I can't do anything for seven days ... But I was lucky. The injury won't prevent me from competing the Olympics in any way," he added.

Here's hoping there are no lingering effects on Parker's vision from the incident; considering how badly some other club-goers were injured in the melee (seriously, some of the photos running along with that Daily News story are not for the squeamish) it seems like it could have been much, much worse.

Archived