• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OFFICIAL mini camp Updates thread (BOA)

TruCatzFan

Overall... I think we heard some great things about our players today. I read an article this am in the Observer (online) saying that Norman was pissing Smitty off in practice because Smitty wasnt able to get open. I got excited but tried to stay reserved... Then he does it again today at BOA Stadium in the mini camps. How much more excited can we be about this??? This draft class may be one of the best ever. I know it's early and I know that I'm caught up in the moment but I'm excited about this guy...

I'm excited about the whole damn team quite frankly

KUDOS TO HC RON RIVERA FOR OPENING IT UP TO THE FANS... CLASS ACT AND WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE HIM HERE IN CAROLINA!

Just heard that Nortman boomed a corner kick. . .hangtime 6.2 seconds.

those that had heard of nortman pre-draft knew this was something that made this kid special. too many people were staring at how many yards a punt he was getting rather than how he was impressing people with an incredible ability to make the ball hang in the air and place it where he wants.

this will come in handy and be much more helpful than just getting some guy with a cannon for a leg.

shorter punts with a lot of hangtime = easier for coverage units to get there and shut down any chance of a PR for a TD. you boom it downfield and the returner may have a long ways to return the ball but your coverage units also have a long way to get there and it just gives the returners more time to get set up and line up his blockers.

this will come in handy and be much more helpful than just getting some guy with a cannon for a leg.

6.2 seconds is a ridiculous amount of hang time. I dont know if Ive ever seen a 6.2 second punt. 5.2 yeah, not 6.2. I cant even imagine what it looks like. Did he spin the crap out of it or what I wonder?

Ill have to see it for myself.

Archived