• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phenomenal Article By Greg Cosell On The Myth Of The "winner Qb"

JawnyBlaze

This is why I have always said give me Rivers over Ben and Eli all day long.

He is the better QB top to bottom.

Until this past season you knew exactly what you were going to get game in and game out with Rivers, much like Peyton, Brady, and Brees. That could not be said about Ben or Eli, although it does seem that they have finally started ironing out the kinks in their games as well.

he's then went on to obliterating passing records season after season without a true #1 wide out (welker is a slot man, as good as he is. he requires precision to be effective, he's not catching balls in traffic between 2 defenders).

Think real hard of someone you're forgetting.

Also you have really tortured ideas about what makes a number one receiver.

This is why I have always said give me Rivers over Ben and Eli all day long.

He is the better QB top to bottom.

Until this past season you knew exactly what you were going to get game in and game out with Rivers, much like Peyton, Brady, and Brees. That could not be said about Ben or Eli, although it does seem that they have finally started ironing out the kinks in their games as well.

State fan huh?

Think real hard of someone you're forgetting.

Also you have really tortured ideas about what makes a number one receiver.

Have you not seen his past seasons without randy moss? He's had just as much success with and without him. Welker is a #1 receiver, but he's a slot man. Meant he doesn't have a prototypical downfield flanker like Calvin, what Moss was, Andre, Fitz, etc.

Have you not seen his past seasons without randy moss? He's had just as much success with and without him. Welker is a #1 receiver, but he's a slot man. Meant he doesn't have a prototypical downfield flanker like Calvin, what Moss was, Andre, Fitz, etc.

You mean his past 2? When he's still had one of the better receivers in the nfl along with the best tight end this year?

Just because he doesn't line up at the z spot every down doesnt preclude welker from being a number one. And of course welker lines up all over the field. Is fitz no longer a number one if he lines up in the slot? Is gronkowski now a one if he lines. Up at the x? Is Aaron hernandez now a rb if he lines up in the backfield?

Fact of the matter is in their offense welker is just as good as any wr in the nfl in theirs. Maybe he wouldnt do great in Detroit but who care? He's not there. Welker is a stud and has been since 2007.

Now if you really want to see what Brady does without a number one receiver, which to me just means no one good, go look at his 2006 when he was throwing to like reche Caldwell and chad Jackson.

You mean his past 2? When he's still had one of the better receivers in the nfl along with the best tight end this year?

Just because he doesn't line up at the z spot every down doesnt preclude welker from being a number one. And of course welker lines up all over the field. Is fitz no longer a number one if he lines up in the slot? Is gronkowski now a one if he lines. Up at the x? Is Aaron hernandez now a rb if he lines up in the backfield?

Fact of the matter is in their offense welker is just as good as any wr in the nfl in theirs. Maybe he wouldnt do great in Detroit but who care? He's not there. Welker is a stud and has been since 2007.

Now if you really want to see what Brady does without a number one receiver, which to me just means no one good, go look at his 2006 when he was throwing to like reche Caldwell and chad Jackson.

You quote a section of my post that clearly states "Welker is a #1 receiver" then throw a hissy fit trying to prove that he is in fact a #1. I'm just stating brady doesn't need an easy mode go up and get it type of receiver (which Welker isn't, he's a precise route runner with exceptional hands, great cuts and dangerous after the ball is in his hands) to put up ludicrous numbers year in year out.

You know, the more I observe Brady, the more I see him as a real good mentor for Cam. This man doesn't rest on his laurels.

It seems he has gotten better as a QB after his 3 SB wins because many folks questioned whether those wins were legit. He went out and did everything he could to make it back to the SB to prove that they were.

The fact that it seems Brady has a chip on his shoulder to prove the naysayers wrong is one of the reason why that team is always a contender every season.

If Cam could keep a legitimate chip on his shoulder, and the Panthers share in that passion, I could see this team making a run for a SB every season. It's not easy to get to the SB. No QB can do it on their own. What Brady has done is get every player to feel they too should have a chip on their shoulders and play as hard as he does. Football is a true team sport..No other way around that fact.

Brady is 3-0 during the SpyGate, and after he is 0-2 in the Supper Bowl, I think that has a lot to do with it also.

Of course, if I were a Giants fan, I would point out that he is 0-2 when playing the Giants in the Super Bowl. Fortunately I am not a Giants fan. :)

During their first three superbowl wins, the Patriots had a more complete team than they did last year.

Archived