• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mythbusters...

dexterpyro

I usually have a million problems with the way they call things busted and or confirmed.

Like the lego ball from this past week, they said they could only find 1 million lego pieces to make it, however they got lego pieces of ALL THE SAME SIZE. Lego pieces come in more than one size, so theoretically, depending on the size of the brick, the people in the video could have used 5 million pieces. If they used 1 million 8 bumped bricks, then that woul dbe 2 million 4 bumped bricks(dunno how else to call them), and if they went to the singles which could be used in the middle, then even more. Plus, if you're video taping a big lego ball, you probably don't want it to fall apart, so you're going to do something to ensure the integrity of it, my guess = the outer shell of the ball was glued.

And of course they couldn't test the last part of the myth because their ball fell apart before it hit the car. They call things busted prematurely.. and so many many many times deal with compounding variables. It hurts me to see people claim to "disprove" things without using any resemblance of a scientific method.

They also did one where they try to beat a speed camera and JUST BECAUSE they use a Lambhorgini, apparently that means they can't be beat. But they can, you just have to go even faster than they did. Many times, it feels like they're fudging their results so that people don't try it(if it could potentially mean people will attempt to break the law)

It pisses me off everytime i watch the show.. yet i still watch it because usually I get to see Adam in pain or some huge explosion.

they said that gluing the legos together in making the ball was.... cheating? Perhaps if they had glued the pieces together, the myth might have actually been finished!

I just love their reaction after the ball breaks apart ten feet before it hits the car.... they are all such terrible actors and just a bit too goody-goody positive... if I had spent all that time building that lego monstrosity, I would be damn pissed off!

Mythbusters was a great show.... early on.... when it was just Adam and Jamie... and they didn't act (try to act).. they just explained, discussed, and naturally, humor bounced around between them and what they were testing in the episode... Now..... it just seems very overdone and artificial.. it is full of constant optimism, safety warnings, and bad acting. They all look like they are constantly balancing on a highwire- on one side is angry fans, on the other is the lawyers and editors/ producers of the show- the fans want one thing, and the lawyers won't let them really do what the fans want because they would probably end up in court for doing it... you know what I mean?

It just strikes me as funny that they tell us not to do what they are doing while they are now getting all of their material on the internet.........from people that are attempting all of this stuff at home!

If it weren't for the backyard pyromaniacs, they would have run out of ideas years ago.

Still, the show has a great deal of potential. IMHO, they should drop the three kids that do over half of the myths, re-hire the blonde girl that helped out in the earlier episodes, and add some bold, intelligent discussion to the show to act as a foundation to the myths- sure..... they might lose some of the mainstream audience, but the real quality that made the show great years ago is kind of lost right now. I really do not like those three kids one bit...soo annoying... almost nauseating.

To me it seems Adam and Jamie were the ones running the show back when it first started... I wouldn't be surprised if they have very little control of it now.

i thought that original lego ball video looks extremely fake anyways. cgi.

And It probably was..

I just don't like how they try to implement so much science into it, how they take things scientifically.. yet they don't use the scientific method. It's more "well it looks off.. so it must be"

Or they do things that are relied completely 100% on chance, probability and insane amount of physics.. do it once on a large scale.. if it doesn't work, it's busted.

The 3 kids, Grant, Tory, and Kari always seem to have a problem with fans too. Like last season i think, they were like "well we'll do it like this because we know fans will complain otherwise" and were all smug about it. But they're usually the ones to call something prematurely busted based on 1 failed attempt.

The only thing I saw an issue with on the lego ball that they nailed was the weight..

But you CAN use 5 million legos.. just not all big ones.. And their also designed the ball kind of weird.. they designed it as if it was going to be standing still. They built large blocks out of small ones. If they had cross hatched the thing they might have gotten a better result.. hell you might have been able to do it and not use glue.

Archived