• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers to sit out mini camp this weekend

dpanthersman

It doesn't work that way. Even if he doesnt sign the tender it still counts against our cap. While it saves Richardson 17 mil as far as what comes out of his pocket.

The franchise tag is the average of the top 5 players at your position or a 20% pay raise over the previous seasons salary whichever is higher. The 17 mil number is based off Peppers 2008 salary, and is considerably higher than the average of the top 5 defensive ends in the league. If he sits out a season His franchise tag number would drop considerably because his previous years salary would be $0

Ps the average of the top 5 DE's for this year is 8.9 mil

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806a24a3&template=without-video&confirm=true

It doesn't work that way. Even if he doesnt sign the tender it still counts against our cap. While it saves Richardson 17 mil as far as what comes out of his pocket.

Actuallt if he sits out we get the capspace back and still retain his rights.

The franchise tag is the average of the top 5 players at your position or a 20% pay raise over the previous seasons salary whichever is higher. The 17 mil number is based off Peppers 2008 salary, and is considerably higher than the average of the top 5 defensive ends in the league. If he sits out a season His franchise tag number would drop considerably because his previous years salary would be $0

Ps the average of the top 5 DE's for this year is 8.9 mil

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806a24a3&template=without-video&confirm=true

I was commenting on what you said about saving 17 mil this year. And we wouldn't at least not until the 6th week of the season.

Peppers can sit, it's his right, he doesn't get paid for it, he just sits. This is looking worse and worse for Peppers, Carey, they're the ones pushing the buttons and they're the ones not getting paid. If he wants to continue, he can sit on his ass, ruin his career and not get paid, not a problem to me. It seems that Hurney / Fox have already made provisions for this and I support them for it...

Absolutely, we're ready to go to war with or without the Peppers/Carey combo.

I was commenting on what you said about saving 17 mil this year. And we wouldn't at least not until the 6th week of the season.

Im not talking about cap space Im discussing the fact that if Julius don't sign he wont get paid. Last I checked that will save the team 17 mil in actual Us dollars.

I know someone has posted up we don't get that 17 mill back until week 10 renduring it vitually useless for this season.

I thought it was week 6 but in any case you are right there will be very little to be had in FA that time of year.

If he cant get them not to Franchise him next year it will be worth it to him.

Peppers playing in Carolina one more year without the Panthers able to franchise next year would be a complete waste. We will have a player just going through the motions, doing enough to get himself a big contract next year. There is no way I see Fox and Hurney giving to Pep the "we cant franchise you next year".

I just want the Panthers to be able to move past this. I would love if he eventually signed his tender, and some team then makes a trade for him for their next years 1st round pick.

Peppers playing in Carolina one more year without the Panthers able to franchise next year would be a complete waste. We will have a player just going through the motions, doing enough to get himself a big contract next year. There is no way I see Fox and Hurney giving to Pep the "we cant franchise you next year".

I just want the Panthers to be able to move past this. I would love if he eventually signed his tender, and some team then makes a trade for him for their next years 1st round pick.

It would be like a contract year which is what it is. He would be doing everything to increase his stock so he could have his pick of teams to go to.

if peperz dont sine his tendur i sware im gunna blow my branez owt all over his doorcuz we need to traded teh furst rounderz and panthurs orgonizashun and carey are all yousles iwant2 no forteh whywonttheyget nething dun andits drivig mecarazy and OMG ITSALL ARMUGEDUN STYLEAND17MILLUNZOFDAOLLAARSMYPEPJERZEEANDTRAYNINGCAMPSANDSKYIZFALLINGANDWTFDOESNOTCOMPUTEWEERALLGUNA(aneurysm)

Enough already please God...

What's that? they possibly drafted my replacement and I'm losing leverage by the second?

better sit out and give the new kid a chance to close the gap

/is peppers, urinates on himself

Archived