• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers to sit out mini camp this weekend

dpanthersman

If he does that he will have no negoitating power. If he holds out he can negotiate with the team that they wont franchise him next year.

I thought he wanted to go to another team. Holding out on signing his tender hurts his chances of being traded.

On another note if I'm Hurney NO WAY do I agree not to franchise him next year. He decides not to play this year, That is 17 mil saved and His franchise will be cheaper next year.

Peppers never makes the mini camps anyway. He always chooses to work out somewhere else so Im not reading too much into it.

It's the offseason conditioning programs that he doesn't take part in. He usually attends the mini camps.

I thought he wanted to go to another team. Holding out on signing his tender hurts his chances of being traded.

On another note if I'm Hurney NO WAY do I agree not to franchise him next year. He decides not to play this year, That is 17 mil saved and His franchise will be cheaper next year.

He does but if they cant get a trade then he has two options sit out or work it in his Tender that the team wont franchise him next year. If he can get that put in his tender then he probably will come back this season. If not he could sit.

He does but if they cant get a trade then he has two options sit out or work it in his Tender that the team wont franchise him next year. If he can get that put in his tender then he probably will come back this season. If not he could sit.

Sitting out would be the worst move he could make. It would hurt him way more than it would hurt the Panthers.

If he cant get them not to Franchise him next year it will be worth it to him.

Lets see it would cost him 17 mil this year and around 6 mil next year when he would be franchised for a grand total of 23 mil lost and the fact he would be 31. That doesn't sound worth it to me.

Ps if they are willing to franchise him and pay 17 mil this year. They will be falling all over themselves to franchise him next year at around 12 mil if he holds out for the year

It doesn't work that way. Even if he doesnt sign the tender it still counts against our cap. While it saves Richardson 17 mil as far as what comes out of his pocket.

Archived