• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at a map of MLB teams...it's only a matter of time...

panthersphan

Only if we get a transfer team, like the Rays come up here or the Royals come over.

I'd love to have the Rays up here and see all the players I watched here with the Durham Bulls play against the Yankees/Redsox/Angels. I'd be sure to make the trek down to Charlotte from Raleigh a few times a year.

BTW, my family had season tickets to the Bulls for 4 or 5 seasons and quit after we won the back to back championships to downgrade to a game package.

If this happens I really hope it is a move of an existing franchise rather than an expansion.

The league seems watered down to me already.

Also, I'd rather not have ANOTHER team that wins a title before my Cubs.

I wonder if the league would see meager support for the Bobcat as flagging interest in the area for anything other than college hoops and football.

Would guess Vegas before the Carolinas.

Dunno.

I think if a city cannot support a AAA club all year long how will they support an MLB club??

It will be interesting to see how the attendance is now that the Knights are downtown, but it will be very hard to support both.

Dude..they play in Fort Mill!!

That's like 30 minutes from me old house in Southeast Charlotte...

If the Knights were Uptown attendance (and season ticket sales) would by much much higher...

I'm just saying...eventually...it can happen...

The Twins, Marlins, and Expos all talked about Charlotte for relocation...so we're on the "radar"...who else is...Portland, OR i'd say...maybe even San Antonio...Memphis/Nashville? Indianapolis? Jacksonville? Louisville? Las Vegas? No. Norfolk? No. Vegas would get NBA before anything...and I don't see that happening soon...

I'd say Portland is the next...just because they only have one team (NBA) and have about 2 million people in the metro area...

Move...

KC Royals ----> Charlotte Royals (perfect for the "Queen City" and get to play in the Central instead of the very competitive East and I don't see the Rays moving now that their good...Marlins maybe but I don't see them giving us a team in the same division as the Braves)

Oakland A's ---->Portland A's (Talked about moving if they don't get a new field and wouldn't have to change divisions...would set up a nice Portland/Seattle rivalry)

PLEASE, NO MORE EXPANSION!!!

I think if a city cannot support a AAA club all year long how will they support an MLB club??

It will be interesting to see how the attendance is now that the Knights are downtown, but it will be very hard to support both.

Put the Knights uptown and this will be a revelant argument.

For some people hearing the words Knights Stadium and South Carolina it turns into a 100 mile road trip.

When in fact there are parts of Charlotte where you can get to Knights stadium faster than other parts of Charlotte.

I think them being downtown is a perfect fit.

The population will be there in several years but it depends on the economy.

81 games are a tough sale as well as a 2pm day game on a Tues against the Royals.

• 1 month later...

ugh. i like baseball alot, an i watch all the time! (but i couldnt imagine goin to more than 10 games, an that would be to see red sox, cubs, orioles, yanks.) i cheer for the orioles, but anyway everyone around here loves the braves and i think that a baseball team here would suffer from little support since they wouldnt win. just like the bobcats who i do cheer for an have season tickets. i got tickets at the bobcats for $4 a game! (cheaper than high school games!) i just move down an sit 10 rows from floor courtside! i dont mind the small crowds :)

:hurray:

Another O's fan awesome!

I actually would like to see a Major League baseball franchise in Raleigh, NC. Charlotte is bigger but it already has the Panthers, NASCAR,and the Bobcats. Raleigh has the Hurricanes, and college basketball and football. A major league franchise would do well here because there is a large young population in this area because of the colleges. If it was marketed right I can see it doing well in the Raleigh area.

I worked at a NASCAR race before...actually the whole week. It was loud and hot. Interesting though...I wouldn't pay $200-$600 for tickets or anything...

The All-star race was pretty cool, being at night you could see the sparks and all that...under the stars....but still...more power to ya though!!!!!!!

Archived