• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's Your Linebacker?

KBRed

(Combine Numbers)

Jon Beason: 4.72

Thomas Davis: 4.60

James Anderson: 4.59

Luke Kuechly: 4.58

Stats from: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2012&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

(Current Weight/Height)

Jon Beason: 6'0" 237 (6 Years)

Thomas Davis: 6'1" 240 (8 Years)

James Anderson: 6'2" 235 (7 Years)

Luke Kuechly: 6'3" 243lb (Rookie)

Stats from: http://www.panthers.com/team/roster/Luke-Kuechly/82dad784-808c-4fea-8c8d-1277507487ee

The Will will rarely blitz, and will cover many intermediate and short routes. The Mike Linebacker is primarily charged with playing zone coverage in the middle of the field, however, Mike also blitzes more often than any other LB, and is integral in a zone blitz. The Sam is charged with covering any runs towards the outside of his sector, and will often cover short routes in the flat; Sam will blitz on and off during the game depending the flow of action. The Defensive Coordinator will typically mix up the lineup of LB's in order to confuse the origin of a blitz, as well as the coverage being played.

http://www.derp/2012/2/28/2831884/the-panthers-defense-a-treatise-on-the-jim-johnson-4-3-part-i

TD is one of my favorite Panthers for reasons not limited to just on the field production, but I'll have to go with Beason on this one.

I'm tired of guys posting Kuechly's Combine 40 times, as if to say he's faster than TD, or Beason for that matter.

Please cut it out!

We do have 4 outstanding LB's, and I'm glad to have all of them as a Panther.

Here's to a healthy LB core!

What a great problem to have.

Guys, it is not blasphemy to be excited about our newest LB. If he wasn't a great prospect, the Panthers wouldn't have taken him at 9.

That doesn't take anything away from Beason or any other player. Hopefully, RR will put the best players on the field, and at the position most likely to lead to a more effective defense.

TD is one of my favorite Panthers for reasons not limited to just on the field production, but I'll have to go with Beason on this one.

I'm tired of guys posting Kuechly's Combine 40 times, as if to say he's faster than TD, or Beason for that matter.

Please cut it out!

Kuechly DID post the fastest 40 out of the group...that is a FACT.

Does not mean anyone is taking anything away from the guts we have. Between Bwason and TD, statistics say that one will not return to form this season. My money is on TD.

Rivera needs stud LB play and we now have enough LB's to play his system.

Please cut it out!

True statements can be bothersome for one's bias huh? The fact is that Keuchly is now our largest, fastest, and possibly, most athletic LB. I love our LB's just as much as everyone else and I don't want to pick a favorite either, they are all studs, and I would like for them all to remain healthy and be able to retire panthers.

Archived