• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6 Dts And 5 (I'm Guessing) Spots:

CardiacCats

With your previous post you were making the point that RR has not shown loyalty to his players because he cut Brown. I was just pointing out that, of course he has no loyal, he's not one of RR's guys. He was Fox/Hurney. So you made the presumption that RR was the man who cut Brown and made the sole decision. So now you are saying that everything you read is that RR and Hurney make mutual decisions on cuts (which I think is correct, it's always a mutual decision between GM and Coach). I was simply pointing out that it was an inaccurate statement that you made, about RR cutting Brown and not showing loyalty.. but I think we are on the same page now. So we do not know how loyal RR will be to his drafted vets because none of the players he drafted are 'vets' yet, obviously. It's impossible to tell. I want to believe that RR will play the best player on the roster, there is no evidence to say otherwise, yet.

If he starts Fua over some of these other NTs on our team, then I will raise an eyebrow. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I would also hope that Rivera sticks to what he keeps saying which is that he will play the guys who are playing the best irregardless of who they are. I also hope that in the rush to win now that he doesn't throw promising guys under the bus who need some time to develop either. We should be able to find a mix of starters and promising backups and rotational guys to develop. After all you always have to keep developing guys when your starters go down as we found out once again last year.

I get that, I just do not understand the in the box thinking of some on here that says "We must have one large man that is 350 lbs and one quick 300 lb man, that is the way it is." If you do not get an effective rush from the 3 tech you might as well put two guys that are hard to move in there, even if it goes against how things are typically done.It just doesn't make sense to equate a players size to who would be starting, which is what I see a lot on this board.

Anyone who thinks that you can't have a 3 technique guy who is 350lbs must have not been a fan when Jenkins was here. He has been the best 3 technique tackle we have ever had and he struggled to keep his weight around 330-340. I think you can have 2 big guys in there and still rush the passer. I think both Cherry and Kearse can play the nose or the 3 technique.

Does anyone have any of the last few games last season on tape? I wonder if Shirley/Kearse played 3-tech at all. I know those guys are big guys and can play the run well, but I don't think that automatically means they were used as 1-techs.

Archived