• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6 Dts And 5 (I'm Guessing) Spots:

CardiacCats

Ron Edwards

Terrell McClain

Sione Fua

Frank Kearse

Jason Shirley

Andre Neblett

Who gets cut? The first 3 are probably locks but meanwhile the last 3 showed way more production in the limited action they got last season. I have no idea which one is the odd man out, if we're going off nothing but play last year it's Fua but it's unfair to give up on him yet. I say Kearse and Neblett but I like the Shirlister too... Ugh

Mosty likely at least one of them will go down before the seasons starts, so I see the 5 healthy once on the roster and one on IR or PUP list.

I think that they dump Neblett. I would dump McClain because of how he got blown out of the hole in the running game and I do not know if he wants it as bad as other guys. It is tough to say we keep both rookies, because both offered little pash rush and were poor in run defense (Fua got pushed down at the LOS every play, McClain kept getting railroaded out of the hole a la Nick Hayden minus the Military crawl.) Both guys will be here next year with Kearse, Edwards, and maybe Shirley. I like Neblett, but he is McClain without the investment and I believe that will seal his fate here.

Mosty likely at least one of them will go down before the seasons starts, so I see the 5 healthy once on the roster and one on IR or PUP list.

And that is the likely solution (no, I am not rooting for one of them to actually get hurt). They have a history of putting players on IR just to protect their rights to the player.

I think that they dump Neblett.

Neblett was our best 3 technique DT last year and it wasn't even close between him and McClain. So we should cut Andre just because he wasn't a third round pick? Additionally, that would leave us with Edwards, Fua, Shirley, and Kearse who all play over the center, and McClain as our only UT. Doesn't sound like a viable plan to me.

well Kearse, Edwards, and McClain are pretty much locks. I'd say there is no way we cut Fua after one year. So either Shirley or Neblett

I hate to be redundant, but DT's are not interchangeable. If we kept McClain and cut Neblett, we would have 1 three-technique on the roster. That won't work.

If we have to cut one of our DT's, it will come from the grouping of Edwards, Fua, Shirley or Kearse. It will not be Neblett or McClain.

DT's are no different than offensive linemen. Yes, they all play on the offensive line, but guards and tackles are not interchangeable. Neither are UT's and NT's. So please, stop talking about all the DT's as if they all played the same position.

I hate to be redundant, but DT's are not interchangeable. If we kept McClain and cut Neblett, we would have 1 three-technique on the roster. That won't work.

If we have to cut one of our DT's, it will come from the grouping of Edwards, Fua, Shirley or Kearse. It will not be Neblett or McClain.

DT's are no different than offensive linemen. Yes, they all play on the offensive line, but guards and tackles are not interchangeable. Neither are UT's and NT's. So please, stop talking about all the DT's as if they all played the same position.

alright so then Shirley

Archived