• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buddy just bought a used 360

the butch

I'm a PS3 owner.

Anyways, story goes: Two of my buddies struck up a deal. $400 for an xbox 360 along with like 10 games, headset, 2 controls, 1 month free online gaming, and some other cheap somethinganother. I figured, damn, good deal. Oh contrare monfrare. After a week of some stupid hunting game, and before he got it online, the thing randomly broke. $400 down the pisser. Now he has to get it shipped off and fixed. It's been sitting in his living room for 6 weeks, broke.

Well thats the bad luck with used 360s. At the least, its a free repair but the problem is that you're out of the best next gen console until it does. Then you just have to play the PS3...alas! =P I kid of course. I've had my 360 for 3 years and its just fine. No problems at all.

Well thats the bad luck with used 360s. At the least, its a free repair but the problem is that you're out of the best next gen console until it does. Then you just have to play the PS3...alas! =P I kid of course. I've had my 360 for 3 years and its just fine. No problems at all.

it's not bad luck it's just shitty engineering.

I'm on my 8th 360...

1st one got some Ethernet port error and messed up and M$ wouldn't fix it... I called like 20 times and told them it was RROD and they kept screwing me around, let my buddy try and they did it no problem for him, and even changed the registration of the system over from my name to his (without asking me)...

So, I went through a string of buying used 360s from Gamestop with a warranty. Mainly the DVD drives were dead before I even got to play the system 5 of them within the first month (basically the first 3 days)... 1 after a month and I had to rebuy the warranty after they replaced it... then this last one has been fine for months and no problems with overheating or anything.

My buddy also had a ps3 fry on him at the same time his 360 did lol... crazy stuff.

I'm a PS3 owner.

Anyways, story goes: Two of my buddies struck up a deal. $400 for an xbox 360 along with like 10 games, headset, 2 controls, 1 month free online gaming, and some other cheap somethinganother. I figured, damn, good deal. Oh contrare monfrare. After a week of some stupid hunting game, and before he got it online, the thing randomly broke. $400 down the pisser. Now he has to get it shipped off and fixed. It's been sitting in his living room for 6 weeks, broke.

Sounds like your friend got a bad xbox to begin wiht, I've had one of my xbox's where as long as you didn't play it for more then 2-3 hours at a time you wouldn't know it was broke eventually the thing bit the dust and I was forced to replace it.

I don't know if my current Xbox 360 is under warranty or not at the moment but if it goes down again I'm getting myself an elite instead of the current one I have.

To add insult to injury, the guy that sold it to him had never had a problem with it before. Crazy!
well it can happen but I still think it's odd that it just died as soon almost as he got it, but the one thing he might have done and the fastest way to kill an xbox is to move it with the disc in it and it doesn't even have to be on, I had shut one of mine off and moved it really quick because I had to get into the hope chest my TV and 360 sit on and in under a week from when I did that I had to send it in to get it repaired, because the dvd drive went out on it.

Archived