• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

**keuchley's 1St Interview As A Panther**

TruCatzFan

Love him already. LOve how he turned down going to the draft, he doesn't care about all the spotlight. He just loves football and is a hard worker. Great job, Hurney. Now let's get Vinny Curry or Janoris Jenkins tomorrow.

I agree on all points

Curry or Jenkins and draft will be of the a GREAT start.

Rough transcript, cut out some stupid questions from the media when they couldn't understand what he said or whatever.

Panthers Media: Whats it feel like to be drafted by the Panthers?

Luke Kuechly: They were interested in me and they wanted me to be on their team and I think anytime you get anything like that its an honor. I got to get down there and do what I can to contribute to the team.

PM: Whats it feel like coming in to play for a guy that played the position in the league for 9 years?

LK: When you get someone like that they know what you are going through they went through the same things you are going through and they can connect. I am just excited right now for the opportunity/

PM: When did you get a feeling that this was going to happen? Any sense in the days leading up to the draft?

LK: A lot of stuff, a lot of people saying different things, went in with an open mind set. I am just so happy that they want me on their team, I am just pumped to get there and get started.

PM: They talk to you about what position you might start out at?

LK: Be ready to play all three, figure out the play book quick, be versatile and ready to go.

PM: Any experience other than middle at BC?

LK: Will a little in my freshman year.

PM: MLB your best fit?

LK: That is where I played most and where I am most comfortable at right now

PM: Why didn't you go to New York?

LK: Done with the traveling around... Been going all over the place, ready to sit down at home with my family and just go from there.

PM: Are you at your house? How many people with you?

LK: 40-50 people. People starting to clear up, a lot of younger cousins. Good group of people here.

PM: Where are you?

LK: Cincy Ohio

PM: What do you know about the Panthers defense & situation at LB?

LK: They got a good guy in Jon Beason, a guy that sticks out at you, Carolina has the 4-3 that may make the transition easier but NFL defenses are complicated so you gotta get in your playbook and learn as quick as possible.

PM: Describe yourself as a player.

LK: The biggest thing with me is that I love playing football, it has been my top priority since I started playing, I love the mental aspect, I love the prep, it is something I have been doing for a while and I really enjoy.

PM: Meet with Sean McDermott?

LK: Briefly when I went on a visit there but not a huge conversation.

PM: What do you do off the field?

LK: I love to fish off the field, some places in Cincy, hopefully can find some places down there to fish.

PM: Are you a Bengals fan?

LK: Yeah, growing up in a Cincy you are a Bengals fan. Couple guys I liked watching play, but I'm a Carolina guy now.

PM: Some bad Bengals team?

LK: Couple rough years but they are getting better, going to turn it around.

PM: What were some of your earliest football experiences?

LK: Went undefeated and won city championship in 4th grade.

PM: Name of the school?

LK: Our Lady of Sacred Heart

PM: What position?

LK: Linebacker and fullback

PM: ever play any position other than LB?

LK: A little tight end but nothing major.

PM: What is it about BC that prepares you guys to do well in the NFL?

LK: I think it is just that they do a good job of preparing us with a strong work ethic - we play the whole game, play hard, play physical, avoid mistakes.

PM: What is your career highlight? A lot of bug tackle games, which one sticks out?

LK: The last game against Miami, we had a rough season but we were able to put some things together at the end of the season, and I played alright but we got a win for the team which was really big.

PM: Any person connections to this organization or to Charlotte/NC?

LK: I have some family that used to live in Charlotte but other than that not too much.

PM: How different is your life going to be?

LK: I mean you know, it is football, it is football all day, it is a job now but I am just pumped up and I think it will change but I have to wait and learn.

PM: What number at BC?

LK: 40.

PM: Is it available?

LK: I don't think LBers are allowed to wear 40 anymore.

PM: What number you going to wear?

LK: I have to get down there and see what is going to happen.

he didn't strike me as particularly brilliant or anything but he was well spoken, at least claims to like the preparation for the game, seems eager to get here and get started. He is saying all the right things. If it translates... good.

Archived