• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera/hurney Talk Keuchley

TruCatzFan

They dont want to see your example because then they would have to admit it was not BPA but a need pick. Cox was the highest rated defensive player when we picked but we skipped him to pick a safe need pick. Makes since when your picking in the lower teens and below but at 9 it screams NEED.

Hurney said in the press conference that Kuechly was BPA at 9 and the best player on the board at the number 9 spot. How much clearer do you need it to be, It wasn't Mayock's board but the Panthers board. That is how they pick based on their own ratings not a talking head.

Hurney said in the press conference that Kuechly was BPA at 9 and the best player on the board at the number 9 spot. How much clearer do you need it to be, It wasn't Mayock's board but the Panthers board. That is how they pick based on their own ratings not a talking head.

Truth. I think some guys are underestimating Kuechly's abilities wrongfully. That's ok. I was that guy last year with Cam Newton. But everyone can trust that Kuechly will make this team better and will quickly become the face of the defense. He's THAT good.

The defensive line situation will be sorted out, but this is the guy you want behind it for sure.

Excerpt from Panthers.com article

"It seems like he was born to play linebacker, and during his days at Boston College, he played it better than anybody else in the country. Kuechly racked up 532 tackles over three seasons – second-most in major college football history – and set an NCAA standard by averaging 14 tackles per game.

Last season, he averaged 15.9 tackles, also an NCAA record, to win the Bronko Nagorski Award (nation's top defensive player) and the Butkus Award (nation's top linebacker) among others."

Dude is a BEAST!

Its appears as fans do not understand what Rivera is thinking regarding the scheme and how he has rated our current roster..With to top DL plus Gilmore still on the board it is obvious this pick is controversial. I think most everyone can agree we picked up a great player but it is also true that two of the more loved players are Beason and T Davis.I know Hurney said the injuries didnt play into this but I do not believe that.

This is what I will call the wait and see pick.

Kuechly > Cox > Coples

I want to agree. I do think he has the most immediate impact right away. Time will have to play itself out on this. I do honeslty believe that keuchly will be better than both.

btw, did anybody else notice that Coples was wearing a Carolina blue tie and looked heartbroken when we passed on him and again when he was picked up. I think he thought for sure that he was gonna be our pick. I kind of feel bad for him

I want to agree. I do think he has the most immediate impact right away. Time will have to play itself out on this. I do honeslty believe that keuchly will be better than both.

btw, did anybody else notice that Coples was wearing a Carolina blue tie and looked heartbroken when we passed on him and again when he was picked up. I think he thought for sure that he was gonna be our pick. I kind of feel bad for him

Well he said this was his dream scenario.....and we clearly showed him we had interest. I think f Luke was off the board they planned to target him and trade down a couple

Archived