• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera/hurney Talk Keuchley

TruCatzFan

You got even closer that time. But whatever

You aren't even making sense. I get it, you think Cox (or whoever) was a better player but LB was a bigger need (edit: apparently you think that DL was a bigger need - which is also fine, but I think you are not taking into account the value LB has in this defense). However, that is unlikely to be the primary motivation for the draft pick. I think that they felt Kuechly was the best defensive player on the board and that he filled a need. The reason I think that is simple; Cox may not have even been the best DT in this class, whereas there is nobody at all that can argue Kuechly was the best LB. While some think a mic that high is a reach, Kuechly is not just any old linebacker. He is a great player, one of the best defensive players in the draft class, far and away considered so by many analysts.

Ill give you clues though.

totally different level compared to the value of a great LBer.

It is a critically important position to the defense.

Now imagine a postiion more important than LBer

Depends on the defense and the scheme. Rivera has expressed the importance of LB play to his scheme. I think it is clear from watching the games last year how poor LB play crippled the defense as much as any other position.

Depends on the defense and the scheme. Rivera has expressed the importance of LB play to his scheme. I think it is clear from watching the games last year how poor LB play crippled the defense as much as any other position.

How many LBer driven scheme that have Shirley, Nebleet, and Krease. McClain level D-Line talent have made the playoffs?

How many LBer driven scheme that have Shirley, Nebleet, and Krease. McClain level D-Line talent have made the playoffs?

Could you have named any of the 49er's DT's before last year, hell can you name any of them now without looking them up? How about the Bengals, Broncos, Texans? You don't have to have dominant DT's to succeed.

Are we really going to bring up the 1980 when they had 20 something rounds.

In 1985 they had 12 Rounds

Kevin Greene was pick # 113, which would be mid fourth round today

Sorry I offered a fact about one of our best players, I see the total irrelevance

Whining and bitching on and on as if he knows more than Rivera does. After all Rivera was a linebacker and loves Kuechly. Why do I think he may know more about this than KKL.

Exactly! They obviously feel good about the DT position and or feel that somebody out there wil be better than Coples or Cox.

It may be unpopular at the moment, but in the end... You will never disrepect our staff again by making ignorant comments.

Archived