• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Round 1 Draft Selection - Luke Kuechly

Zod

Really good pick in my opinion, kid is smart, has a great personality and great ability/production. Drafting him allows them to use Thomas Davis as a situational pass rusher, which would be the same as us drafting a situational pass rusher in the first round, assuming Davis gets healthy, so all those crying we didn't improve our rush, yes we did, we drafted Thomas Davis to rush the passer in the first place, and this pick allows him to do that once again.

Haven't posted in a few years.

I am proud about our draft, cannot wait to see Luke Kuechly and Jon Beason on the field together. Cannot wait to see them punish our division rival's RBs.

And it seemed to me that both New Orleans and Atlanta had terrible drafts, which also brings me great pleasure.

We need a little luck at DT, but we have to have faith that Ron Edwards is going to reward us with 2 years of pent up football. And I think it is reasonable to assume that Sione or Terrell will come back stronger than they were as rookies. Their experience will help them as well. External to our DTs, we can expect the line to look better with a healthy LB squad behind them. There is logical reason to expect the defensive line as a unit will look better to us, even without adding new blood to the bench in the middle.

Really good pick in my opinion, kid is smart, has a great personality and great ability/production. Drafting him allows them to use Thomas Davis as a situational pass rusher, which would be the same as us drafting a situational pass rusher in the first round, assuming Davis gets healthy, so all those crying we didn't improve our rush, yes we did, we drafted Thomas Davis to rush the passer in the first place, and this pick allows him to do that once again.

Bam, get you some, Rook!

This guy is going to allow us to some very creative things on defense. QB's are gonna be panicking. More blitzing from more unpredictable spots is just what the doctor ordered.

• 2 years later...

Why is no one talking about Luke shaving points at Boston college. There was a special on Epsn last night. Why is he still being allowed to play football in Carolina? Jerry Richardson is a dirt bag.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not just as long as enough people scream their misinformed opinion at you on how you should handle your business. Amirite?

Archived