• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Round 1 Draft Selection - Luke Kuechly

Zod

@snake: Rivera stated throughout the year he beleive in our third rounders from a year ago. I wasn't thrilled at first but I realized TD won't be what he used to be. It's a smart choice. He can tackle and cover well.

Whatever the choice is tomorrow I'll stand begin him because I believe Rivera is set out to build a strong defense and has had a good history of dominant defenses.

TD insurance was needed but it was a reach in the first. We passed on Impact players to draft insurance for TD. Something Im not happy about.

TD insurance was needed but it was a reach in the first. We passed on Impact players to draft insurance for TD. Something Im not happy about.

It wasn't TD insurance. TD is not a starter right now. He is a backup. He will not be anything else until he proves he can play long term. For a team that relies so heavily on good LB play, you can NOT go with someone you KNOW is unreliable like that as your primary option.

He is probably the farthest thing from a reach. Try again. High floor and ceiling does not equal a reach just because you dont like LBs.

I think I'm gonna be sick. I'll be rooting for him, but man I don't feel good about this. They just told TD they have no faith in him. It's one thing to have no faith in your head and plan for the worst, it's another to blow a 1st on it and state it as flatly as they did.

Yea the Panthers would be insane to have doubts about a guy with 3 ACL surgeries on the same knee. Oh god. Idiots.

Anyway, great pick. Urlacher type LB with high character as an extra. Will be a 10 year+ starter.

Someone is going to be unhappy if everyone stays healthy. We let Connor walk but draft MLB in the first. Makes no since at all.

As Chris Harris has said. There are only 3 LB spots in a 4-3

What does Chris Harris' opinion have anything to do with this? He's still mad he isn't one of our 2 safeties.

There may only be 3 STARTING positions in 4-3 but there are plenty of opportunities to fit good football players on the field. You can never have too many good football players.

Yea the Panthers would be insane to have doubts about a guy with 3 ACL surgeries on the same knee. Oh god. Idiots.

Anyway, great pick. Urlacher type LB with high character as an extra. Will be a 10 year+ starter.

I never said they shouldn't have doubts. A guy drafted #9 overall at such an easy transition position as LB should start day 1. With this selection they blatantly told TD he isn't a starter anymore. I've stated all along they should draft a contingency for if/when TD can't play any more. Zach Brown in the 2nd or Demario Davis in the 4th/5th were my favorites, but there are tons of options. Kuechly isn't a contingency, he's a straight up day 1 replacement. I think Kuechly is too good to be riding the bench, I have a high opinion of him. I just didn't think he fits what we need, because even if TD doesn't play a single snap ever again our LB corps of Anderson, Beason and whoever is still better than what we have at DT or CB aside from Gamble.

You should probably learn a little reading comprehension before calling people idiots.

Archived