• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Round 1 Draft Selection - Luke Kuechly

Zod

After looking at Lukes stats in his 4 seasons with BC. Well over 500 tackles. I might end up liking him after all. Anderson, Beason, and Luke starting and TD backing them up. Hoping Mcclain and Fue has growed up some and will play much better. Hope we get Jenkins at CB in 2 round at 40 and then use the rest of the picks to fill the holes. Our D will be good to go.

bye thomas davis it was nice knowing you :(

Why in the blue hell are you saying this. Stop it!! TD ain't going no where. Just because they drafted Luke doesn't mean crap. At best TD can be a very good backup for us. Unless TD suddenly blows out his knee again. But which no one knows when or where it could happen or it will ever happen again. Chill the freak out. Enjoy the rest of the draft and stop worrying so much.

So you admit that we have only 1 starting linebacker we can count on, and yet you think that Kuechly was a pick that didn't fill a need?

Honestly we have 3 lbers we count on. Anderson,TD and Beason. Luke is a big time pick for us. TD will mostly back up those 3. Having TD as a back is better then most backups in the league right now. My opinion only. Beason will be fine. Don't worry so much.

So you admit that we have only 1 starting linebacker we can count on, and yet you think that Kuechly was a pick that didn't fill a need?

I felt it was a need that could have been addressed in round 2 or later. TD coming back is a long shot but what if he does? Then we have to choose to sit Davis or Kuechly and we are not a 3-4 team so both cant be out there. Just back to the same old log jam we have had for years but this time we passed up on a great DT to have it.

@snake: Rivera stated throughout the year he beleive in our third rounders from a year ago. I wasn't thrilled at first but I realized TD won't be what he used to be. It's a smart choice. He can tackle and cover well.

Whatever the choice is tomorrow I'll stand begin him because I believe Rivera is set out to build a strong defense and has had a good history of dominant defenses.

Archived