• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Irony Of "luck"

TruCatzFan

So I'm sitting here watching Sports Center and on the eve of the draft spent some time reflecting on lat year, and this is what I came up with...

We'll never really know why Luck stayed at Stanford last year. We could speculate that he wanted to finish school (I don't believe this theory) or that he simply didn't want to play for the 2-14 Carolina Panthers (my theory)

Which brings me to my whole point, and I find it pretty ironic and funny.

Had Luck come out last year, he would have been in great shape, with several weapons at his disposal.

Now though, he's going to a Colts team that just got absolutely gutted! I mean they have Wayne and that's about it.

I just thought that it was pretty ironic, and I'm glad he stayed In school, after all, we have Cam. I'm really glad it worked out the way it did... I just wonder ifLuck could do it over again, I bet he would.

He must have had something against NC or something because I never understood not wanting to play for a bad team. If you are the #1 pick, you are going to end up on a team that needs work.

This is why I believe he chose to stay in school to graduate rather than because he didn't want to be a panther. I mean he had to know he was going into a bad situation and a good chance one worse thane ours considering he could've been a team that is always picking in the top 5 like cleveland. That and the fact that he went to Stanford when he could've played college ball anywhere makes me think he cared about graduating

Or maybe - and I know this is a way out theory - he just wanted to stay in school and finish his degree like he actually said he wanted to do, like he had previously promised his father he would, and like loads of NFL prospects do on an annual basis (take this guy named Manning, for example).

Yeah, I know that's a real stretch of the imagination, but hey, ya never know :unsure:

Or maybe - and I know this is a way out theory - he just wanted to stay in school and finish his degree like he actually said he wanted to do, like he had previously promised his father he would, and like loads of NFL prospets do on an annual basis (take this guy named Manning, for example).

Yeah, I know that's a real stretch of the imagination, but hey, ya never know :unsure:

not buying it. have you seen that fake smile of his? dude just comes across as disengenuous and scripted and i'm glad he stayed at stanford tbqh

ANDREW LUCK SAID THAT HE WAS GOING TO STAY AT STANFORD BEFORE THE 2010 SEASON BEGAN

ANDREW LUCK SAID THAT HE WAS GOING TO STAY AT STANFORD BEFORE THE 2010 SEASON BEGAN

and just so im clear

oh yeah well if he really liked stanford he woulda stayed there this year, too!! clearly he just hates us, so we should seriously consider just you know following him every once in a while and keeping a close eye on him, and maybe send him weird text messages late at night to let him know we dont really love him anymore

Archived