• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints' Loomis Could Eavesdrop On Opposing Teams.

The_Cannon

So, Aints* fans are using their mediocrity as evidence/an excuse against cheating during those years.

You really can't make this sh*t up.

Doesn't really work either.

In the three seasons the system was in use, their worst record was 8-8. They were .500 at home.

In the first season during which it was no longer available, they went 3-13, with only one of those wins coming at home (and it wasn't even the Superdome).

So the argument doesn't really work. But if you want to accept it in part, worth pointing out that while cheating is bad enough, cheating and still sucking is just pathetic.

I had a closing for an office park my client bought , not all of us are wealthy enough to type on a forum all day long.

Greg Bensel, Saints vice president of communications, said Monday afternoon on behalf of the Saints and Loomis: "This is 1,000 percent false. This is 1,000 percent inaccurate."

"Outside the Lines" could not determine for certain whether Loomis ever made use of the electronic setup.

The wiretap didn't seem to help the Saints in those three seasons. The team was a mediocre 12-12 at home while Loomis had access to his alleged bug. Drew Brees, and playoff success, didn't come until later. Not that it matters.

But the statute of limitations, the window federal prosecutors have to pursue any criminal charges against Loomis or the Saints, would only extend for five years after the date of such an offense, Emmick said.

Yea like the guy is going to say "yea we did it, you caught us!"...also, just because your record wasn't that good, doesn't mean that what they did wasn't bad...

JUst made a good point on ESPN. Loomis is going to have to know the verbage to translate then shoot it down to Payton in time to make adjustments. I don't see this being anything big, that would be really tough to do. Hopefully it's true but I doubt it.

Whether Loomis could effectively utilize the info is beside the point. What he is accused of doing was expressly against NFL rules, and federal law. Even if he was unable to use the info in the moment, who's to say he was not able to communicate what he heard after the games, so that the next time the teams played the Saints, the NO coaching staff had a well-prepared intelligence binder that may have given them an edge?

Dang. This is awesome. Glad the Saints are getting exposed.

The Aints** have been the doormat of the NFL for 40 plus years...they are so used to negativity.....I would hate like hell to be a fan of this sorry team and travel 'supporting' my team in another stadium. Gonna be a bad year for them :lol:

So I haven't read the reports yet, I've been really busy today, but can someone let me know why this stopped in 2004 (besides the obvious) and how they know it wasn't continued later?

The Statute of Limitations in Louisiana only goes as far as 6 years

Please, please, just kick those assholes out of the league. Just let New Orleans continue to rot. No need to keep that place propped up with an NFL franchise.

The only reason you want them kicked out of the league is because they own the Panthers and the NFL South. You bunch of losers will make up anything to try and get an advantage. When the Saints win the SuperBowl again this year you will bow down to a real championship organization.

The Aints** have been the doormat of the NFL for 40 plus years...they are so used to negativity.....I would hate like hell to be a fan of this sorry team and travel 'supporting' my team in another stadium. Gonna be a bad year for them :lol:

Yea it would suck to follow a Super Bowl Champion. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that would you? HAHA

The only reason you want them kicked out of the league is because they own the Panthers and the NFL South. You bunch of losers will make up anything to try and get an advantage. When the Saints win the SuperBowl again this year you will bow down to a real championship organization.

Tell me you're not a math student. A .500 lifetime record between the squads is owning them? Also, I thought they were supposed to cruise to the Bowl this year. What happened with that?

Good luck replenishing your depth with no draft picks of worth...

Archived