• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Mock. No Trades.

CardiacCats

I know I've done about 1,000 of these, but I love making them and it's time for one more :)

VPXAAPGMBRBRZWZ.20111231020208.JPG

Round 1 - Fletcher Cox - DT - Mississippi State

Like most of the board, I've jumped on the Fletcher Cox bandwagon (even though I'm wearing a Coples icon, lol) he has finally separated himself from the other DTs and he has a nonstop motor which I love. The only way I see him not being the pick is A) Claiborne or Blackmon falls or B) a team in front of us (such as the Rams or Jags or a trade) takes him. B is obviously more likely here. Cox is a tough player who dominated America's best conference this year, I really do see the similarities to Dareus. His biggest red flag is that he weighs 295 pounds which is pretty light in the NFL for a DT, he definitely won't be a space eater, that's Ron Edwards job this season. Cox would be more of the play-maker making sacks bringing down guys like Michael Turner in the back field for a two yard loss.

Allstate+Sugar+Bowl+Florida+v+Cincinnati+gSnexqAeOYql.jpg

Round 2 - Janoris Jenkins - CB - North Alabama

I know, he has had a problem with smoking weed, but guess what? I would say 75% of the players in the NFL have smoked weed before and a good bit still do. I DON'T CARE, if Jenkins is available in round 2 there is no way in hell you pass on him. I still think he's the second best corner in the draft and it's not even close. He plays with a swagger our defense needs and doesn't back down to anyone, he DOMINATED Julio every outing in college and Julio is in our division now. I remember a few months ago he was a serious option at 9 and now you guys are saying "HELL TO THE NO" in the second?! Corner is undoubtedly a bigger need than DE and Jenkins would start from day 1 and be nasty. This would be the best pick of the draft, I believe Janoris when he says he didn't smoke at all at UNA. If he is available with the 40th pick and we pass, I will simply rage.

UMspence-armstrong_63318c.jpg

Round 4-Sean Spence-OLB-Miami

Defense again, if Spence is available here in the fourth we really need to scoop him up. Spence is really an interesting prospect, some scouts think he will be a stud while others think he will be a bust. He's going to be picked in the third or fourth either way though, Spence was all over the field this season with 106 tackles, 14 for loss, 3 sacks and a forced fumble. He didn't do well at the combine and some people are worried about his size. I wouldn't ind trading into the back-end of the third to get him, but I also think there's a great chance he's still sitting here at the top of round 4 so I'll hope for that.

Michael-Egnew.jpg

Round 5 - Michael Egnew - TE - MIzzou

Egnew was really disappointing as a senior and that has really taken a toll on his stock. He probably went into the year as a solid second or third round pick but now he's looking at round 5. However, Mizzou was inconsistent at QB all season... losing Gabbert was tough. As a junior he caught 90 passes for 762 yards and five touchdowns. As a senior he caught 50 passes for 523 yards and three touchdowns. He runs a solid 4.6 and has great size. I still would love this pick in round 5, one more weapon for Cam and I'm still really unsure on Barndidge. Tight ends play a vital role in our offense.

134721909_crop_650x440.jpg?1322996601

Round 6-Jamie Blatnick-DE-Oklahoma State

I know a lot of you are really wanting to go DE in round 2, but I would much rather go through another season with Greg Hardy starting than another season with Captain Munnerlyn starting. Greg Hardy is a solid player but we definitely need to throw another guy into the rotation at some point in the draft. Blatnick was Oklahoma State's best pass rusher this year and has some nice potential, he's just still really raw. He posted a poor 40 time at the combine which certainly didn't help his stock but this is solid depth no doubt. He had 50 tackles, 13.5 for loss, 8 sacks and 7 passed batted down this past season. I would love this pick in the sixth.

350x.jpg

Round 6 (comp.)-Brian Stahovich-P-San Diego St

Whooooa punter! Stahovich is now considered the second best punter in the draft and should get drafted at some point. He actually went on a few visits so a lot of teams are interested in him. We will definitely get a punter at some point in the draft, probably with this selection.

benjamin_001_540947c.jpg

Round 7-Travis Benjamin-PR-Miami

I had us taking Benjamin in our last mock and I'm doing it again here. Benjamin probably won't ever be an effective WR in the NFL, this is nothing but a return man. He runs a 4.36 40 and was great as a returner at Miami. Definitely an upgrade over AE and could be our return man for years to come.

i really like your draft in alot of ways, im not a fletcher cox fan at all, but with you taking jenkins, spence, agnew, benjamin, and a punter i wouldnt mind at all, if the panthers cannot trade down i'd love if the draft turned out like this. I just dont like the bust rate of DT's and i feel that none of them are really that special. With what you got in the later rounds id still want dre kirk, decastro, or kuechly ahead of cox, i just dont think DT is ahuge need, and the only one i really like would be jerel worthy.

Archived