• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Headed To Australia

TheRealDeal

Do not slam a beer and turn the pint upside down...or something like that.

Me I'd take in a rugby game

Definitely going to try and get some sports in

Is your wife going TRD??

Hey Teeray, hows life buddy? I am not disclosing whether she is going or not because I don't want to hear the joke.

it's pretty much 1 to 1.

i just looked it up. $1000 USD = $966 AUD

It doesn't really matter what the exchange rate is. Its how much you can buy for an exchanged dollar that matters. When I was last in Turkey, the exchange rate was 20 million lira to 1 dollar, but most things cost more than 20 million lira.

^^^ uhhh he brought up exchange rate, not me. i just pointed out that he was incorrect about the exchange rate. BTW the prices I've seen on most things are comparable to the US. maybe 10-20% higher but nothing major. the biggest difference I saw was with alcohol which looks to be about 50% higher than here. that's mostly for the imported liquors/beer though, domestic is cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Australia was dope....didn't get bitten by a spider or snake.

Saw some Kangaroos and Koalas and poo.

Panthro, Aussie rules footbal is way cooler than Rugby and most locals agree. Many had very very very insulting things to say about Rugby and the people who watch it.

Everything is expensive there but I was on a pretty generous per diem so it didn't matter.

My words of advice, if you chew, bring your own cans. I couldn't find chewing tobacco anywhere in that fuging country

Beer is expensive but don't get suckered into drinking that VB crap (Victoria Bitters)...its their natty haha

Melbourne is a pretty awesome place if you can scoot around a bit.

I was out there for about 25 days (New Zealand 5) about 4 years ago and loved it.

Archived