• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Headed To Australia

TheRealDeal

Take a tour of the Blue Mountains if you are starting in Sydney. Don't be afraid to get on a red old person day trip tour bus. They take you around to all the big places you'd want to see for about $30. Coffee is European standards coffee there....blows Starbux away. No free refills on drinks. NASCAR races still shown but not til about 4 am their time but live. With Jetlag that's about when you'll be waking up for the first two days. Take a boat ride through the harbor that takes you around the Sydney Opera house.

Take a tour of some of the sports stadiums during the day. Don't order Jack Daniels its $50/bottle over there so a drink will set you back. Go ahead and start saying, 'no worries' and bring me back a bottle of vegemite....one of the world's best sources of Vitamin B and tastes awesome.

mush is right. hit the blue mountains. trains to katoomba are cheap and if you're feeling adventurous head on up to newnes... it's an abandoned coal mining town in the middle of millions of hectares of the wollemi wilderness. population three.

melbourne is overrated if you ask me, but almost everyone i know prefers it to anywhere else in the country. head up to the gold coast if you're looking for a party. surf n' sun backpackers in surfers paradise is a winner if you're looking for a fun place to stay. and btw... stay the fug out of hotels. stay in hostels. it's a whole subculture around the world that most americans never even sniff. you dont know what you're missing until you try it.

have fun!

Thanks for the advice guys...except MrT.

It is a work trip but I'll be there for a couple weeks so I will have a couple days off. I'm going to try and do as much as I can while I'm there and not working. All of this sounds really fun.

I don't think I'm going to make it to Melbourne though, maybe next time.

Archived