• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cardiaccats Mock With A Trade

CardiacCats

Peyton Manning is going to have a say in what the Broncos do and they NEED a WR. Sitting at 25 they will be praying Kendall Wright falls to them but they don't want to take that risk so they bail us out. In love with Michael Floyd, they give us #25, #57, and #137. We give them #9.

1. Luck

2. RG3

3. Kalil

4- T-Rich

5. Mo Claiborne

6. Blackmon

7. Ingram/Coples

8. Tannehill

9. Floyd

nick%20perry.jpg

Round 1 (#25): Nick Perry, DE, USC

By trading down we just have a world of options at #25. I narrowed this pick down to Perry, Still, Worthy, Poe, Gilmore and Jones. I would be happy with any of them but I really think Perry is the best pick. Some are calling him the best pass rusher in the draft and that's our biggest weakness. As a senior Perry collected 54 tackles, 13 TFL and 8.5 sacks. Teaming him with Charles Johnson is a scary thought and we still have Greg Hardy as a great rotational guy.

THAT'S NOT THE END OF THE MADNESS, with two second round picks now on their hands Carolina trades both of them to move back into the first round at #31 with the New England Patriots.

47387_yjw_fbc_outbackvsgeorgia029_01022012f.jpg

Round 1 (#31): Jerel Worthy, DT, Mich St

Staying on the defensive line, the Panthers are now just a solid DT away from having an outstanding defensive line and with Worthy and Still still floating around we have the amo to move up and get one. I see no way either one of them would make it to our pick in round 2. Worthy is an animal although he did have a bit of a disappointing senior season, finishing with only 31 tackles, 10.5 for loss, and 3.5 sacks. We're not looking for a Ndamukung Suh here... just a tough guy that will battle in the trenches and free up room for guys such as Johnson, Perry, Beason and Anderson to make plays. Worthy certainly looks the part at 6'3" 310.

lucasnix1_display_image.jpg?1326484343

Round 4 (#104): Lucas Nix, OG/OT, Pitt

This is a guy I've been hoping we would draft for a long time now. Although he played guard and tackle in college he will definitely be a guard in the NFL. After losing Wharton and Schwartz we have a big need at guard and Nix can come in and start from day 1. He's a gritty football player that plays incredibly hard and is a great lockerroom guy. He would be an outstanding addition here in round 4.

DCEE3761-3996-4BE6-9B6B-6ED483EAD0E3-p0.jpg

Round 5 (#137 from DEN): Terrell Manning, OLB, NC State

I see no way Thomas Davis can play a full season so we have to add an OLB in the mid-rounds. Manning is projected to go rounds 5-6 and I really like him. He has tremendous size and is a decent playmaker, he did it all for the Wolfpack as a junior tallying 76 tackles, 14.5 for loss, 5.5 sacks and three interceptions. With a decent combine he is starting to rise up draft boards so if he is still available right here it has to be a no-brainer.

Arizona+v+USC+3uNokkE0Ndpl.jpg

Round 5 (#143): Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona

This is the weak-link of this mock draft in my opinion. Waiting until the fifth round to take a CB will be criticized and rightfully so, it's just how it works though. I like Wade in the fifth round though. Wade had 52 tackles, 13 deflections and 2 interceptions as a senior. After being absued by Justin Blackmon he performed very well against Stanford and Andrew Luck which was needed. He really stood out amongst his teammates but didn't do much to help his stock at the combine or on his pro day. I think Brandon Hogan will be the #2 corner next year and Wade will be fighting with Captain Munnerlyn for the #3 job. He could be a steal though.

Kevin+Koger.JPG

Round 6 (#180): Kevin Koger. TE, Michigan

Shockey isn't coming back and Barndidge is questionable at best so I think we'll take a TE in the sixth. A lot of options so we can just take whoever is at the top of our list. Koger is a good blocker with potential as a receiver.

82928860_display_image.jpg?1332098279

Round 6 (comp.): Kyle Martens, P, Rice

Just take the best punter available, I don't have a preference.

travis-benjamin-ohio-state.jpg

Round 7: Travis Benjamin, WR/Returner, DA U

Could be a steal. Fast as everything and could be groomed into a returner.

Don't really think Broncos need a WR that badly because Thomas is a good WR and Decker is serviceable. Plus, Manning can make his WRs look better than they are.

Can't really fathom this happening because of the multiple trades but it's a decent draft.

No thanks to trading two 2nd round picks to move up 9 spots(we already own the 40th pick).

Not to mention, a late 1st, late 2nd, and late 5th is not worth moving all the way from 25 to 9.

If they give us all of their picks, from the first round until the 5th round, they would STILL be short according to the draft pick value chart.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

ur kidding right, its a decent draft, but u shitted the panthers out of picks. ATL gave up the farm last year to to do a similar move, carolina would be stupid to take that trade. last year, ATL gave up their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

Archived