• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Randomly rename files....

shinner

Anyone know of a prog that will rename a batch of files in a random fashion. I have a good reason even though it seems odd to want such a disorderly named group of files....

These digital picture frames I bought show pictures in alphabetical order...no option to randomize them. So, if I name the scanned pictures by subject, it would show all pics of one of my kids, then all from another kid, then from another kid, etc.....would be helpful if once I had all the pics scanned, I could use a prog to randomly rename them. Would save a lot of effort in trying to name all the files in a way so that a bunch of one kid wouldn't show up picture after picture.

photoshop and lightroom have nice sort and rename batch options.

Don't have lightroom....still working with pshop 6...does that have the rename (and most importantly will it do random)?

call the manufacturer, suggest a "shuffle" option on the frame, once it happens, sue them for the idea and make a million bucks! Kill two birds with one stone!!!

I ain't calling China! :)

Archived